Learn How to Add Yahoo to Apple Mail With Ease
Frosty Orange |
September 7th, 2018 |
Nowadays, there are many Mac users that use Yahoo for their email needs and also want to save the emails locally. The reason can be the protection of crucial emails from hackers or access Yahoo mailbox data in offline mode. For all this, Apple Mail is the best choice for Mac users.
Being a default desktop client of Mac computer, it saves data on the local system. Moreover, it provides an option to add multiple accounts with the help of IMAP and POP3 protocol. However, in many cases, it can be seen that when users try to add Yahoo to Apple Mail, they fail to do so. So, after considering this problem, we have come up with this article.
In this write-up, we are going to show a quick step-by-step guide to connect Yahoo Mail to Apple Mail. So, let’s get started!
How to Setup IMAP Yahoo Mail with Apple Mail?
IMAP server is one of the best paths to sync Yahoo webmail email account to Apple Mail. If the users are switching their Yahoo to Apple Mail or want to manage the data of Ymail into Apple Mailbox, then follow the instructions given below. It will add Yahoo account to Apple Mail.
- To start the process, you need to click on Mail and then Preferences
- After that, navigate to the Accounts tab
- Now, click on ‘+’ sign to connect Yahoo Mail to Apple Mail
- In the Description box, mention Yahoo in it. After that, type your Yahoo email address in the Email Address box
- Next, just write your name in the Full Name box
- Now, you need to mention the following details in the corresponding boxes that are mentioned below:
Incoming Mail Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
User Name: Mention your Ymail ID
Password: Type the password associated with Y! Mail account
- Click on Advanced tab and type 993 in Port box
- Close the Mail preferences window, a windows pop-up on the screen. You need to click on Save to setup Yahoo account settings in the email client
- Finally, you can access your Yahoo! Mail messages in Apple Mail application.
What Happens When You Cannot Add Yahoo to Apple Mail?
It is the most asked question of users that they are unable to add Yahoo to Apple Mail while using manual configuration. It is due to some sync errors that terminate the process while connecting to Yahoo with Apple Mail application. Moreover, the synchronization glitches frequently appear after the proper IMAP manual settings. So, it is beneficial to have a method that is error-free and can safely export Yahoo mail to Apple Mail program. For this, Yahoo Backup software is the appropriate one.
The Yahoo Mail Backup for Mac tool successfully converts all the emails in Apple Mail supported mailbox file format. Apart from this, users can also import Ymail into PST, MSG, EML formats. Thus, after getting the output file, one can easily import that file in Apple Mail. Also, the tool can be easily downloaded and installed on macOS 10.8 or higher versions.
Steps to Convert Yahoo Mail to Apple Mail Via. Yahoo Backup Software
- Launch the tool on your Mac system
- On the welcome home-screen, type your Yahoo account credentials and click on the Login button
- Under Select Export Format section, select the Apple Mail supported format i.e., MBOX
- Next, click on Advanced Settings and use various filters available for selective migration of Yahoo mail
- Here, you can choose Mail Date Filter, in which you need to mention a suitable date range. After that, the software will download only those messages that lie in between the mentioned dates
- If you want to delete the item from the web Yahoo account that will be going to back up in output data file, then select the checkbox corresponding to Delete After Download
- Also, In Advance Settings windows, under Select Folder heading, you can add or exclude folders as per your choice and click on OK to save the settings
- Navigate to Browse button and select a location on a Mac system suitable for resultant Mail output data file. Click OK
- Click on Start Backup button to begin the process
- Once the task is over, an acknowledgment will pop-up on the screen that signifies the process completion. Click OK
After the user gets the output data file, then follow the further given instructions to add Yahoo to Apple Mail.
Steps to Import Yahoo Mail to Apple Mail
- Launch Apple Mail and click on File >> Import Mailboxes…
- From the Import wizard, select the Files in MBOX format radio button and click on Continue
- Select the file that was created in above step and click on Choose
- As soon as you click on Choose, a new window pop-up on the screen that indicates the selected data file path. You need to click on Done to finish adding Yahoo email to Apple Mail.
This article discusses the manual method to add Yahoo to Apple Mail. However, due to its limitations, users can go with the Yahoo Backup software. It is the finest tool that converts Yahoo mail in MBOX format that can easily import in Apple Mail without any hassle. Now, as per their needs, users can choose any of the methods mentioned above.