How to Fix ‘AOL Mail Folders Missing in Outlook’ Issue Effortlessly?
AOL mail folders missing in Outlook is one of the most common problem today. People face this type of problem for various reasons like change in the AOL service etc. So today in this article, we will show you how to fix AOL mail folder missing problem.
However, read the article completely to know more about this topic in depth.
An Efficient Method to Fix AOL Mail Folders Missing in Outlook
Here, in the section, we will discuss the solution to resolve AOL mail folders missing in Outlook account. This solution is divided into two phases. So, you have to follow both of them for executing the procedure successfully. Let’s begin:
#Phase1: Backup AOL Emails to PST Format
Step 1: Download and run the proficient tool on your system.
Step 2: Add credentials and login to your account.
Step 3: Select PST format and choose Apply Filter option.
Step 4: Click on the Start button to begin add AOL mail to PST format process.
#Phase2: Add Outcome PST into MS Outlook
Step 1: In MS Outlook, click on the File menu and click the Open button to choose the Import / Export option.
Step 2: Then, select Import data from another program or file option. After that, click on the Next button.
Step 3: Choose the PST file option and click the Continue button to proceed.
Step 4: Now, hit the Browse button, select the AOL email file and click the Next button.
Step 5: Choose the AOL data items to import and also select a mailbox to import the data.
Step 6: Finally, click the Finish button to import the PST file into Outlook.
After performing the instructions above, you can get rid of this AOL mail folders missing in Outlook problem. But, there are still some users who are looking for manual method to do it.
Here, in the next section, we will discuss the same thing. Let’s move on.
There are many users who still searching for the free methods to resolve AOL mail folders missing in Outlook issue. So, do not worry! Here, in the upcoming segment, we will discuss the same. This solution is obtainable into two methods. Therefore, you can follow any of them to fix AOL mail folders missing issue. Let’s have a look:
Method 1: Generate New Folder and Move AOL Emails
1. First open MS Outlook and make note of the folders below the Inbox
2. Then close the Outlook application.
3. Now go to https://www.aol.com and add credentials to login to your account.
4. Here, generate new folders and move the email below the Inbox folder to these folders.
Note: Make sure you will move all your emails before deleting old folders. After deleting the folders, the email that was in them may not be recoverable.
5. After that, in the webmail, delete the folders listed in the Inbox in Outlook
6. Lastly, run Outlook and wait a few minutes to allow the synchronization to complete before confirming if the problem is resolved.
In case the above-stated solution does not provide you an expected outcome. Then, you can proceed to the another method.
Method 2: Rename Email Folder
1. Launch MS Outlook and take note of the email folders below the Inbox
2. Then, close the Outlook application.
3. Navigate to https://www.aol.com and log in to your AOL account to continue.
4. Then, rename each folder in the Inbox folder according to your ease.
5. Finally, start Outlook and wait a few minutes to allow the synchronization to complete before confirming if the problem is resolved.
Time to Wrap up
This article illustrates multiple methods to resolve AOL mail folders missing in Outlook issue. But, we should aware about the face, that the free solutions does not have any surety for providing expected outcome. So, in this situation, it is better go with an above-suggested alternative solution. Moreover the ultimate choice is yours.