Attempting to Validate BBT Refcounts |4 Techniques to Fix Outlook Error
Nowadays, Outlook is one of the most preferable email client for business users. It saves all data items including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, etc., in PST file format. In fact, there are multiple factors that may cause PST File error like an improper shutdown of MS Outlook, virus or malware infection, a fault in the application and so on. After corruption, if users try to restore corrupt PST files using Scanpst.exe then, Outlook PST files will become inaccessible or shows an error message that says Attempting to validate BBT Refcounts. Therefore, in the following segment, we are going to explain a manual procedure that will help to fix Outlook error in a detailed manner. Before proceeding that, let us explore all possible reasons due to which Outlook error occurs. Also find a tool to repair corrupt PST file.
Responsible Factors behind MS Outlook Error
There are several reasons due to which Attempting to Validate BBT Refcounts occurs. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Outlook is inefficient to locate the BBT entry of .pst file
- Size limit of PST file is more than the described limit
- Another reason is PST files get corrupt or damaged
Ways to Fix Outlook Error Attempting to Validate BBT Refcounts
Go through the following instructions that will help to resolve Outlook PST couldn’t find BBT entry in the RBT error. Follow all the steps which are listed below:
Method 1: Remove All Possible Causes
- For reducing the size of PST file, you should delete the unwanted emails from Sent items, Inbox, Drafts and other folders.
- After that, you need to empty the deleted items folder.
- To do this, you can reduce the PST file size and easily resolve the Outlook related problems.
If reducing the size of the PST file may not resolve the occurrence of the corrupt .pst file. Thus, this problem cannot be resolved.
Method 2: Disable the Add-ons
Corrupted add-ins may lead to corruption in PST data files. Thereby, it becomes necessary to disable the MS Outlook Add-ins. Let us have a look:
- Now, go to the MS Outlook Add-ins and then, click Tools option
- After that, you have to choose Trust center to disable some additional Add-ins
Such Add-ins may not be the primary reason for a damaged file, thus this method may not resolve Outlook error attempting to validate BBT refcounts.
Method 3: Reinstall Outlook Mail Client
The damaged Outlook registry may lead the corruption in Outlook PST file. One can easily reinstall Outlook application to get rid of the described error. To do this:
- Start Control Panel and navigate to Outlook application
- Now, choose MS Outlook and Uninstall the recent email application
- At last, reinstall MS Outlook and create a new .pst file
It is possible that PST file will remain corrupted even after reinstalling the mail client application. Freshly installed MS Outlook that will leave you with no database.
Automated Approach to Resolve Couldn’t Find BBT Entry in the RBT
To overcome limitations of the manual solution, users can opt for a third-party tool. One such application is PCVITA Outlook Recovery tool, which helps to repair corrupted Outlook PST files without any risk. This tool is capable enough to fix PST file errors without any trouble. There are some key features that are facilitated by the tool, which are listed below:
- Tool helps to recover hard or permanently deleted emails from PST file
- Facility to repair minor or major corruption of Outlook .pst data files
- Recover Password protected corrupted PST files without any data loss
- Repair all .pst data items like Calender, notes, tasks, emails & journals
- Allows to restore Outlook PST data files without any file size limit
Let’s Wrap Up
There are so many reasons due to which Outlook PST file may become corrupted. Sometimes, users get stuck in error, which can impact the continuity of workflow. Therefore, they opt for the manual approach to get rid of all occurrences. But, there are some drawbacks while using the manual solutions. Thus, in this blog, we have suggested a commercial solution to fix Outlook Error Attempting to Validate BBT Refcounts. This application helps to resolve various issues related to MS Outlook without any annoyance.