AWS WorkMail to Outlook – Two-Steps Procedure to Transfer Data
If you export your emails from AWS WorkMail to Outlook, it will become easier for you to access them in the absence of internet connectivity as well.
There is a large amount of vertical using AWS WorkMail for exchanging sensitive information or communication purposes. Among these users are some who want to access their emails offline or take a backup of their important data.
Today’s blog will explain how you can do so in detailed steps so that everything is clear to you.
But before that, let’s check out this user query to add WorkMail to Outlook:
User Query: Since I joined the company I’m currently working in I have been using Amazon WorkMail for business purpose. Now, I’m switching to another company where they do not use AWS and I need to export my data to Outlook data file format so that I can always access them in Outlook. However, I don’t know how to do that. Can someone please help me?
We have seen many queries like the one above for which we are here to solve and give the suitable answers to users.
Simple Yet Successful Procedure to Move AWS WorkMail to Outlook
The procedure to execute the export operation can be performed in two simple stages:
First Stage consists of exporting emails to local storage in Outlook data file format with the help of expert’s suggestion.
Once that is done, the second stage requires you to import the saved files in Microsoft Outlook manually.
There are no manual methods to save the emails locally other than configuring both the accounts which is going to take more time and efforts than the procedure explained here.
Step 1 – Launch the IMAP Backup Tool & Login to your account.
Step 2 – Choose the format & apply the filters.
Step 3 – Pick the end location in Change field.
Step 4 – Hit Start Backup to begin the process.
Let’s get started.
Stage 1 – How to Add WorkMail to Outlook Quickly?
You can directly export your emails to Outlook supported file format with the help of the expert’s recommended backup tool.
The software not only exports emails in Outlook data file but also provides other export options including PDF, MBOX, EML, HTML, EMLX, TXT, MSG, etc.
This tool allows users to export their data to desired location and delete the data automatically from the mailbox if the Delete after Download feature is applied.
Along with that, the Date-filter allows to export selective emails from AWS WorkMail to Outlook by setting a time-period.
If there are large files, then the Split PST File feature will help you to divide PST files into smaller parts as per desired sizes in GB or MB.
Now, take a look at how these features and the tool work.
Steps to Export Emails in Outlook Supported Format
1. Run the tool and choose AWS WorkMail from the given list of options. Enter the sign in details and click on the Login button.
2. Click on the PST radio button and click on the Advance Settings to make use of the available features.
3. Mark the Split PST Option in PST Settings section and enter the size for dividing large files. Set the dates “from” and “to” for a specific duration in the Date-Filter section.
4. Pick a destination location for the resultant files to add AWS WorkMail to Outlook by clicking on the Change Select the Maintain Folder Hierarchy & Delete after Download if the need be.
5. After everything is done, click on the Start Backup button to start the procedure.
Whenever there is a need to use the tool again for exporting the latest files from mailbox, you can use the Incremental Backup feature.
This feature will only export the new data and leave the pervious data in the mailbox itself so that there is no duplicity issue.
To the next stage.
Stage 2 – Import End Files in Outlook to Complete the AWS WorkMail to Outlook Export Process
Once you have your files exported to local storage using the software, you have to now import them to Outlook application.
Following are the steps for it:
1. Launch Outlook application and click on the File tab.
2. Go to the Open & Export section and click on the Import/Export option.
3. When the Import and Export Wizard opens, select the Import from another program or file option and hit Next.
4. After that, click on the Outlook data file (.pst) option and press the Next button.
5. Hit Browse to navigate to the file location to add WorkMail to Outlook. Choose one option to deal with the duplicates and tap on Next option.
The procedure will be completed in a few minutes and you can access your emails from Amazon WorkMail easily without internet connection in Outlook.
Moving Towards the End
Amazon WorkMail, just like any other email service, provides various functions for saving emails on their server. But because these emails can only be accessed if there is internet connectivity, users find it difficult to work with their data in certain places.
This is why exporting AWS WorkMail to Outlook is a great option for such users. It is also a reliable platform for creating a backup of the data.