Quick Guide: Backup Comcast Email Using a Handful of Tricks
Experts usually suggest users of Comcast webmail to backup Comcast email so that they are out of the threat’s way.
If you have been a webmail user for a long time, you must know that there are certain risks that hover over your mailbox data every time. You can either stay safe by applying a lot of security measures or simply by taking a backup of your data locally.
We know that Comcast webmail is by default a POP enabled email service which various users prefer to enable as IMAP.
This article is based on methods to backup Comcast email folders for IMAP enabled accounts.
There are no direct or manual solutions to create a backup of the required data. However, you may find a lot of tools to perform this operation.
Here, you will find out about the most useful technique for the same and how to make this method work. Moreover, learn the benefits of executing this approach.
Later on, we have explained the reasons for a user to export the data as backup in the local storage.
Instant Approach to Learn the Steps to Backup Comcast Email
This instant approach is the Expert’s Mac IMAP Mail Backup Software designed in a way that is capable enough to take complete backup of the emails without losing even a bit of data.
The tool is embedded with a plethora of features that make the backup process a successful one. Let’s first go through the steps of the tool for backup:
1. Run & install the software and choose the domain to enter the credentials for your account. Fill the IMAP Server & Port No. details and hit the Login button to backup Comcast email folders.
2. Select the file format as per requirement from the Export Type section and choose the Advance Settings button given below.
3. In the window that appears, select the Naming Convention pattern to rename your files and set the dates in the Date-filter for a specific time-period.
4. If required, mark the Delete after Download Hit the Change button to pick a destination location for the end results.
5. After that, click on the Start Backup button and the tool will begin the procedure to backup Comcast email.
The emails will soon be exported to your chosen location.
Now, if you want, you can do one thing for the manual solution i.e. you can forward your emails to Gmail by setting Comcast as POP.
By doing so, you can add your Comcast email account in the other platform i.e. Gmail.
However, there are a lot of complicated steps for the same.
You can also forward your account simply by signing into Comcast account and clicking on Options à More Options à Forward Mail to another e-mail account.
Benefits of the Software to Backup Comcast Email Folders
The software provides the following advantages of using it:
- You can choose from a lot of formats like PDF, PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, etc.
- There is an option to export data selectively from the mailbox via Date-Filter
- Applying the Delete after Download feature will help regain server space
- Makes sure that the folder structure is maintained after the backup process
- New data backup is made possible via Incremental Backup feature
- Use different Naming Convention patterns such as Subject, Subject + Date, etc.
Reasons for Backup Explained
The major reason backup Comcast email can be the external threats hovering over the mailbox at all times. Let’s find these out:
- Anonymous Hacking: If any hacker gets into your account, changes the user password and removes certain data from your mailbox, you will not be able to get the files back if there is no backup.
- Virus Attacks: Upon clicking on an email from an unknown sender containing a virus might lead to corruption in the entire mailbox. If you do not want your data to be lost for good, backup Comcast email folders on the local storage.
- Malware Attacks: There are chances that malware attacks such as ransomware can encrypt your emails which makes it difficult to access the data until the ransom has been paid. With a backup, it is always possible to access your messages.
- Accidental Deletion: In case you lose your crucial data from the mailbox while cleaning unimportant messages & not realizing it, having a backup comes in handy & help you recover the lost files.
Time to Conclude
There can be a requirement to backup Comcast email at any time but it might not be enough to export the entire mailbox. Sometimes, you need an urgent backup but the right solutions are not provided leading to data-loss situations.
Since there is either adding an account to another platform or using a professional tool as the option for backup, experts recommend going for the tool. It is a tried & tested solution by backup professionals and turns out to be a better solution for backup.