How to Break Outlook PST File Password – Completed Guide
Securing your data file is always a good choice and if it comes to the data of Outlook, then encrypting the PST file is one the most secure ways to secure your data. Now, what will you do if you have encrypted PST files but unluckily lose the password and are unable to decrypt them may experience this. That is why we are here to assist you in the two simplest ways to break the Outlook PST file passwords.
Well, we all know that Outlook is one of the most used email applications around the globe and there are n number of users who put passwords in their PST files. So that the data cannot be tempered.
But there are some situations where users forgot their password and are not able to open the PST file, So to overcome this situation we have come up an effective solution that helps you to break Outlook PST file password.
Methods to Bypass the PST Password
Here in this section, we are going to discuss the set of methods that help you to bypass the encrypted PST easily, Also here we will discuss three methods so you can choose the method as per your requirements.
So, without further ado let’s move toward the solution
Break Password From Outlook PST When you Know It
Here in this section, we are going to discuss the solution for those users who know the password of the PST file and want to remove it. But they don’t know how to remove the password.
1. To start the process first you have to launch the Outlook application.
2. After that click on the File option and after this Account Settings.
3. Again choose the Account Settings option.
4. Now, from the Account Setting window, select the PST file you wish to unlock, and after this Next, select Settings.
5. Click the Change Password button in the Outlook Data File window.
6. Put your previous password in the box labeled “Old password.” Click OK after leaving the remaining fields empty.
Break Outlook PST File Password Using pst19upg.exe
Microsoft provides a program named pst19upg.exe that updates.pst files to the most recent specifications. This tool not only updates Outlook data files but also unlocks PST files’ passwords.
Note: You can only run pst19upg.exe if you meet the requirements listed below.
- Outlook 2002 or an earlier version is being used by you.
- Instead of being created in Unicode, the PST file is created in ANSI format.
The procedures below can be used to remove the Outlook PST password using pst19upg.exe:
1. First close Outlook and make a PST file copy (we are calling it PstCopy).
2. Repair PstCopy by running ScanPST.exe (found in the Outlook directory). Once finished, drag the file to the pst19upg.exe location.
3. R + Windows together. Enter CMD and hit Enter in the Run window.
4. Press ENTER after inputting the location of pst19upg.exe.
5. Press ENTER after typing “pst19upg.exe -x PstCopy.pst”. PstCopy.psx will be converted into a new file.
6. Change the original PST file’s name. Then, in the CMD, type “pst19upg.exe -i PstCopy.psx” and
hit ENTER. A fresh PST will be created by the tool without a password.
Note: PST passwords in previous versions of Outlook can be removed with the use of the pst19upg.exe utility. However, Outlook 2007 or subsequent versions are used by the majority of customers. You need to utilize a sophisticated PST password remover program in these versions of Outlook for PST password recovery.
Instant Way to Break PST File Password
Well as we said that the above solution to remove passwords from the Outlook PST file is quite restricted. Like if you use the first method then you have to know the password and the second method is only for the users who are using Outlook 2002. Now, to overcome all these situations here in this section we are going to introduce one of the amazing tools that
To remove the password of the PST file you can use the PST Password Recovery. This tool offers you the facility to remove the password from the PST file without entering the password of the PST file. The tool comes with the option to add files or add folders so you can add multiple PST files once using this tool and remove the password from them. In addition, the tool also provides the feature of generating a report of the work.
Working of the Tool
- First, download and install the tool on your machine
Once the installation is completed open the tool and click on the Add Files or Add Folder.
After this click on the Generate Report to generate a report of the task.
At last click on the Remove Password to break the password for the PST file.
That all you have to do is just follow the four simple steps in order to break the Outlook PST file.
Well, it is time to wrap up things, here in this blog we have discussed two manual ways to break the password of the Outlook PST file. Or if you are seeking the automated then, we have also mentioned one of the most amazing utility that helps to bypass the PST password.