Claws Mail to Outlook Operation Completed in 2 Simple Stages
Summary: For an easy way to move your data from Claws mail to Outlook, keep up with this article. The technique for converting the data is an easy & reliable one. Before learning about the method and the steps for conversion, let’s find out about Claws mail application!
Users of Claws mail know that it provides a fast, easy, and stable email service which allows various users to communicate in a quick way.
The advanced features of this email client make it one of the highly demanded applications but not for professional users.
Even though it has a simple interface, users prefer moving to another client which is professionally inclined.
This is why we are explaining Claws mail import to Outlook. There is no direct way of exporting the data files so, we will be going through the different stages for this transfer.
If you want to go through the procedure in a single go, stick till the end. The simple steps for this operation are here for your ease & convenience.
Let’s start with the solution!
What Are the Stages to Move Claws Mail to Outlook?
The simple stages for exporting the data are as follows:
The first stage requires you to save the files from the Claws mail application, which will be saved in the MBOX format.
After that, you need to convert these files in Outlook data file format using the Smart MBOX to PST Conversion Tool.
There is no other way simpler than this one. If you want, you search for other methods, but it’s only going to waste your time & energy.
Stage 1 – Export Data Locally for Claws Mail Import to Outlook Task
For this first stage, you have to follow these steps:
- Launch Claws mail application on your desktop.
- Click on the File option & choose Export to MBOX file option.
- Select the folder to export these files into.
- Pick the end location for the output data.
- Press the Save button & the data will get transferred.
Once you export your data, move to the second stage.
Stage 2 – Converting the Exported Data into Outlook Supported Format
To complete the process to export Claws mail to Outlook, you need to make use of the software that we have mentioned above.
This tool is capable of converting data in bulk to not only Outlook data format but to multiple file formats.
Apart from that, you have the option to take either complete or selective backup as per your requirement via the Date-filter feature.
The software consists of a Naming Convention feature which allows you to set various names for emails such as Subject + Date, From + Subject + Date, etc..
When you perform the Claws mail import to Outlook operation, the tool provides an option to divide the large data files after export. This helps in avoiding corruption due to the large size of the files.
Want to free up space in the mailbox but do not want to lose important emails? Use the Delete after Download feature of the tool to save the data & then remove it from the mailbox effectively.
Now, towards the working steps of the software & to see how these filters fit in.
Implementing the Steps of the Tool to Transfer Claws Mail to Outlook
1. Run the software on your Windows OS machine & click on the Add File option.
2. Mark the radio button beside Select file(s)/folder from the system option & insert the files.
3. Click on the Change button to set the destination location.
4. Choose the PST format & mark the PST Split option. Set the size in the fields after which you want to divide the large files.
5. Hit the Export option to initiate the conversion.
The operation will soon be finished & you will be able to access your data easily.
Need for Claws Mail Import to Outlook Operation
- Sometimes, Claws mail faces issues with synchronising whereas Outlook doesn’t create such errors.
- It can crash or cause delay due to the slow speeds but Outlook has no such problem.
- Outlook being Microsoft’s product is trusted more than Claws mail.
- Also, Outlook is secure & provides powerful communication services along with easy management of the data.
In a Nutshell
The reasons to export the data from Claws mail to Outlook as you can see above are just a few reasons. There can be a need to export the data due to many other reasons such as changing the email client, or keeping a backup of the data, etc.
If you want to perform the same operation in an easy way, this is the best you can get. Once you have your data in the MBOX format, use the software to convert it to the Outlook accessible format.