Compressed Zip Folder is Invalid or Corrupted – How to Fix It ?
Data corruption can occur at any time on any computer system. I don’t even know if the important files are in bad sectors on the hard drive or on damaged optical media. All this leads to unreadable or incomplete data. At some point, you may receive an error message, such as “compressed Zip folder is Invalid or corrupted .” This is especially true when you download a .zip file from the Internet and open it. In this blog, we will fix the “Invalid or corrupt compressed mail folder” error. So if you are facing the same problem, keep reading this blog until the end. Before troubleshooting, you need to know why this is no longer the case.Let us have a look at some of them here-
Reasons Behind the Compressed Zip File or Folder is Corrupted or Invalid
- If the ZIP file contains malware or other infected files, you’ll see this message
- If MS Office files are set to medium or high security settings, this message may appear
- Slow download speed can also cause errors like invalid zip folder
- If there is a problem with the compressor tool, an error has occurred
- If the originally downloaded file is damaged, it will display an error
- You will not be able to access the file after receiving this message. And you need a solution to recover data and other content. For this to work, you need to repair the damaged file.
Method 1: Recover “Compressed Zip Folder is Invalid or Corrupted” Manually
- Open WinKey + R to Click the Run dialog
- Next, Type the following command and select OK: shell:sendto
- This will open the SendTo folder in your user profile.
- Check if the file Compressed zip Folder.ZFSendToTarget file exists. If it’s not there, copy it from the default user folder located at C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
Method 2: Change The Settings
Some Changes in the Settings May work for you. Follow this step-by-step method
- Click on ‘Start’ button
- Go to ‘Control Panel’
- Select ‘Folder’ Options
- Then go to the file type button
- Search ‘ZIP files’
- Choose on ‘Advanced’ tab
- Click ‘Confirm’ option
Method 3: Resolve Compressed Zip Folder is Invalid or Corrupted Error With Professional Software
To repair and recover invalid Zip files, you can try the best and most reliable ZIP Repair Tool. This software has an amazing feature that allows you to recover corrupted and invalid zip files. Whatever the reason for the problem with an invalid ZIP file and the loss of important files, it helps to combat all these possible errors without losing data. The software scans and repairs all types of Zip files in archived files.
How to Recover and Repair Compressed Zip Folder – Step by Step Guide
- Download and Run Software
- Load the ZIP files from your Mashine.
- You can preview the loaded ZIP file with all the attributes.
Right-click to view the file and Uncompressed and save the large file.
- Select on “Extract button” to extract data from compressed zip folder
Now you know how to get rid of error messages like “The compressed zip folder is invalid or corrupt”.In the above blog, we explained how to fix corrupted compressed zip folder. Here we have discussed two methods to repair compressed zip folder, manual and automatic solution. Although manual solution has some limitations. The second method is one of the fastest and most accurate solutions for compression of unknown files. It is designed with a rich graphical user interface, the tools are easy to use and understand and hence no prior technical skills are required.