Convert Opera Mail to Outlook Effortlessly
Keeping oneself upgraded is the latest trend in the modern world especially digitally. So is the case with Operating systems which provides much better security and ease our working with its updates. Users of Windows 7 or lower versions tend to upgrade their OS to Windows 10. But, if they are using Opera Mail application, then switching email clients becomes a necessity here. Why? Because it is not possible to access the Opera Mail as default mail client in Windows 10 OS. It doesn’t even show up in the default programs list. Also, Opera Mail has dropped its integration with Opera browser after Opera v15.
So now the question is what alternative to choose? As per the trends, MS Outlook comes at the top of the line. With extensive features and advanced security, it has been the number one choice of users worldwide. Upgrading Windows?- that you can do. Process to convert Opera Mail to Outlook?- that’s what we will guide you through in this blog.
Certain Causes of Migration
- Although Opera Mail is a light-weight and interactive email application, it is not capable to perform seamless synchronization like other email applications.
- Opera Mail does not appear on the default email applications list in Windows 10. Hence you cannot set it as default email client.
- Microsoft Outlook includes extensive search options, Email Address Internationalization, direct connectivity with Exchange server, etc. These and many more features add to the already varied set of attributes Outlook offers to its users.
How to Convert Opera Mail to Outlook?
This conversion mechanism is a two-step process which is fairly easy to execute.
- First, we find where Opera mail stores its emails and in what format?
- Then, we convert that Opera Mail mailbox to Outlook database format i.e. PST file.
Step 1: Process to Find Opera Mail Email Storage File
In order to import Opera Mail to Outlook, let us find out where Opera Mail stores its emails in MBS format.
The first and easy option is to export the Opera Mail mailboxes into MBS file. For this, right-click on Mailbox, go to Export, and choose the location to save the file. The same can be done for labels.
The second option is to locate the files that Opera has already stored at its default location. For this, follow the given steps:
- First of all, open Opera Mail on the browser and go to the Menu >> Help option
- In Help section, click on the About Opera Mail option
Now, copy the store location under Mail directory. The syntax is as follows:
C: Users\name of the machine\AppData\Local\Opera\Opera\mail
Finally, paste it into the Folder Access bar and go to Account folder in Store to view emails in MBS format.
Step 2: Convert Opera Mail to Outlook PST
Opera stores emails in .mbs mailbox file format which is not supported by MS Outlook. Neither does Opera Mail provides any export method to migrate data into another format. So, there is no direct manual method to perform the migration of Opera Mail to Microsoft Outlook. Hence, you need to take help from reliable third-party software like MBOX to PST Converter tool. This tool supports the MBS format and easily convert Opera Mail to Outlook PST with perfect integrity. It comes as a highly recommended solution by experts and thousands of users worldwide.
Brief Process to Export Opera mail to Outlook
1. Download, Install and launch the converter tool
Click on Add File >> Next. You need not change the default selected options before clicking Next button
2. Locate the MBS file from Opera email store we found earlier and click Process
Note: Use Folder Mode option if you want to convert all the MBS files inside the Account folder in bulk.
3. Find multiple previews of emails with attachments in tool’s interface. Click Export button to initiate Opera Mail to Outlook conversion process
4. Now select from the export options as per your choice: selective folder conversion or complete mailbox transfer to PST.
This completes the conversion process. A confirmation dialog box will appear. You have successfully convert Opera Mail to Outlook PST. Just import the PST in Outlook account and have access to all your emails easily.
The version upgrade is essential for all Windows users. If the default email client is no more feasible then users will definitely switch to any other email clients. In these days, Outlook is most preferred email application instead of Opera Mail. Hence, in this post, we have discussed the process to convert Opera mail to Outlook. For accurate and loss-free conversion, one can always trust PCVITA MBOX to PST Converter.
Queries Regarding Opera to PST Conversion
Kindly explain the steps in brief for converting my Opera emails into Outlook PST format?
Want to Export Opera Mail to PST? Follow these steps:
Step 1: Run PCVITA converter for Opera Mail to PST and select Add File.
Step 2: Choose the Opera Mail MBS file to export.
Step 3: Preview emails in 8 different preview modes.
Step 4: Export Opera Mail file into PST file for Outlook.
Yes, the tool also exports all the attachments of Opera Mail with the emails to Outlook PST. There are no exceptions made.
During Opera Mail to Outlook export process, the powerful algorithms of the tool enable it to convert Opera to PST without losing email attributes, formatting, and folder structure.
The MBS files are stored at ‘%appdata/local/opera mail%’. You can view the full path in the ‘About Opera‘ option.
However, it is recommended to directly export Opera mailbox to MBS by using the native free Export option.