Mechanisms to Decrypt MDB Files Effectively – Understand How?
Whenever users store MDB or ACCDB files, they encrypt these files with a tough password. In order to keep the databases safe, Microsoft Access provides such a facility to the users. But, there are also times when users have to decrypt MDB Files to open the password protected files.
Why do users want to decrypt their files and why not just enter the password and open them? Well, there is a possibility that the users have made the password so complex that they might forget it.
Now, before moving further, here are some tips about encryption that you should know about encrypting an ACCDB or MDB file:
- The entire database can be encrypted if you are encrypting an MDB file.
- When you encrypt a file, the encryption is done on a page-level and not on data-level making it possible to decrypt encrypted MDB files.
- Setting complex and tough passwords only prevents MDB or ACCDB files from being read. There is no affect on the security and the database is, in fact, protected and can be decrypted only with the password.
Now, you will find out what solutions are there to get your files decrypted and while doing so, make sure there is no damage done to the data. Move further to learn more.
Two Mechanisms to Decrypt MDB Files
There are two solutions to get your files decrypted; professional method and manual technique. The first solution will help you remove the password from the MDB files even if you have forgotten the password without having to do much.
On the other hand, the manual method requires a lot of time, energy, and technical expertise. As known, not everybody has much of knowledge in the technical field, this may not be the most helpful solution.
You can choose for yourself which one is a better option for you after reading the entire blog.
How Can One Decrypt Encrypted MDB Files?
In order to open and access the MDB files, you will always need to enter the password that you have encrypted them with. If you do not have the password or have forgotten it, you will have no other option to open these files but use a third-party utility.
That is why we have brought the most useful tool which is the Access Password Recovery Tool. This software can recover password of any kind, say complex, ANSI, UNICODE, lengthy, etc.
It is easy to decrypt MDB files and instantly recover the password for these files and access them. Also, there is an option which can remove any multilingual or alphanumerical password from your protected MDB files. Retrieve the passwords which consist of special characters, numbers, and numeric passwords without any troubles.
You can easily recover the password for the protected files using this application and open the database after recovery. It supports all the versions of MS Access and is compatible with all Windows editions.
Working of The Flawless Tool to Decrypt MDB Files
The instructions to perform the process of recovery are given below:
1. Start the program and click on the Browse option to add the MDB files you want to access. Hit Open.
2. Select the Copy Password option to copy the password to the clipboard, click OK.
3. Choose the Open Selected Database option, a popup will appear asking for the password.
4. Enter the copied password by pressing ctrl + V keys and hit OK.
All your files will be decrypted and opened on your display. Now, let’s proceed towards the manual solution.
Steps to Manually Decrypt Encrypted MDB Files
You can follow the steps given below to perform the decryption task:
1. Open MS Access program and go to select the File option. From the toolbar, select the Open option.
2. Now, press the arrow beside Open button and choose the Open Exclusive option.
3. Here, you have to enter the password and click on OK button.
4. Select File button and open the file menu.
5. From there, you have to press on the Decrypt Database option, enter a password, and hit OK.
All your files will be decrypted successfully. Now, this solution is effective but only if you remember the password you put on the files.
If you do not remember the password for your MDB files, you should go for the aforementioned third-party tool.
Ending With Final Note
If you want to decrypt MDB files which you have forgotten or lost the password of, you do not have to worry anymore. The tool as mentioned is a great solution to be considered and has various features which will make the process easy for users.
If you remember the password, you can go for the manual method but make sure you know what you are doing. These MDB files are of great importance, well they are password protected, making it a task to be handled with concentration and care.