Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook | An A to Z Guide
It can be seen that sometimes while importing contacts from different sources or while merging Outlook contacts, you might encounter multiple duplicate contacts in your Microsoft Outlook application. And all these duplicate contacts create various issues.
So, in order to resolve your problem regarding duplicate contacts. We have come with a solution that is fully based on how to delete duplicate contacts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and below versions.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
If we talk about the free method then we have to a method to discard duplicate contacts in Outlook.
- Draw out Duplicate Contacts in Outlook Using Sort Function.
- Discard Duplicate Contacts in Outlook Using Export/Import Function.
If users want an instant solution without wasting their time on the manual method, then they can try an automated solution PCVITA Outlook Duplicate Items Remover is a tool that will easily delete duplicate contacts from Outlook
Let’s start with the Sort Function Method
Method #1 How to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook Using Sort Function
With the help of this method, you can easily discard duplicate contacts in Outlook. But there is only one condition that if you have fewer contacts saved in your account. Because when you have a large number of contacts saved in your Outlook profile, then this method is not feasible. Now, follow the guidelines listed below:
- Open MS Outlook first on your computer.
- Go to the Contacts option and select the contact folder.
- Click on the view button >> Change View>> Phone.
- Now, click on the full name column to sort the contact information by name.
- After that select duplicate contacts and delete it.
Method #2:Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook Using Export/Import Function
In this method, we are going to use MS Outlook inbuilt utility Export/Import Wizard to discard duplicate contacts from Outlook. Also, this method will remove a large number of duplicates from your PST file.
Here are the steps of working
- Launch Outlook program on your Windows machine and click on the People icon.
- Now, you will see Contacts under My Contacts then simply right-click and select the New Folder option.
- Enter the name of the newly created folder.
- After that, go back to your original contact folder and click to expand contact list and select all contacts and paste to a new folder
- Now, choose File option main menu >> then Open & Export>>Import/Export.
- Then select Export to a file from the drop-down list then and click on the Next.
- Choose “Comma Separated Values” under Create a file type option, then click on Next.
- Now, select the folder you created in step 3 >> Next.
- After all the settings, click on Browse button and select the desired location to save the file, click Next and click on Finish button to finish the task
Steps to Import Contacts Back to Microsoft Outlook Account
- Open your Outlook then click File >>Open & Export>>Import/Export.
- Select the Import from another program or file from the list and select Comma Separated Value option
- Now click on the Browse button and select the location where you saved the exported file.
- Then select the option Do not import duplicate items option and click Next.
- At the last, select the default Contacts folder as a destination for importing and click on the Finish button.
Try Professional Toolkit to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
The manual method works sometimes but there is no surety that it will discard duplicate contacts from the Outlook. Also, the free method contains so many steps to follow and if you missed any of the steps, then your all work will be wasted. Hence, after considering the limitations of the manual method, automated is one of the best solution
The advantage of using an automated tool is you do not need to follow complicated steps because the software delete duplicate contacts in Outlook in just four simple steps. Along with contacts, this software also works perfectly in order to remove duplicate emails in Outlook
Step 1: Here are the working steps of the tool
Step 1: Download and install the tool on your Windows machine.
Step 2: Click on the Add File(s) and Add Folder to add the PST files or folder.
Step 3: Select the Destination location.
Step 4: Tick the Contacts checkbox provided in the Categories section and click on the Next button to start the process of delete duplicate contacts in Outlook
After reading this article user will definitely know the answer to how to delete duplicate contacts in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and below versions. Because the blog covers the most suitable manual and automated solution to discard contacts in Outlook So, try any of the workarounds and forget the duplicate contacts problem.