Download AOL Mail to Desktop – Quick Glance on Export Methods
User Query: In what ways can I download AOL mail to desktop? I haven’t taken a backup of my data since I started using AOL mail and it is really important to keep some of these emails very safe. Please suggest me a solution to download all this data locally for safekeeping.
It is seen that almost every email service user has an account on more than web-based or desktop-based email client. AOL being one of them, is used by a large number of vertical.
All these users also have a lot of emails stored in their mailboxes and it is important for them to download AOL mail to computer for safety.
Saving emails on local device as backup is said to be a good practice but this can only be helpful if the data is downloaded using a reliable solution.
Also, some users think that the data is always safe on cloud and prefer knowing the reasons before going through such effort of saving data offline.
However, there is no such effort wasted using the professional solution. Both manual and professional ways will be explained along with the reasons for exporting emails as backup.
Professional Technique to Download AOL Mail to Desktop
Experts recommend using a solution that has been certified by the backup specialists and is stated as a reliable method.
One such solution is the AOL Mail Backup Software which is designed with advanced algorithms and embedded with extraordinary features.
Emails can be exported from the mailbox including folders such as Inbox, Sent Items, & Trash. In addition, the following features are provided for a quick and safe export:
- The tool offers multiple formats to export emails in like PST, EML, MBOX, MSG, PDF.
- Download AOL mail to computer selectively as per a time curation using Date-filter.
- Supported backup from Single as well as Multiple user accounts in bulk.
- It is possible to save data and delete it from the mailbox via Delete after Download.
- Folder structure is maintained and data integrity is kept intact after exporting data.
- Save new data after the first process to avoid duplicity via Incremental Backup.
- Option to manage the backup procedure using the Pause & Resume
This software to download AOL mail to desktop is available for Windows OS 10, 8, 7 (32 & 64-bit) versions.
Now, moving to the steps of the tool.
How to Export Data on the Local Storage Using the Software?
1. Download the tool and login to AOL account.
2. Choose the export type and click on the Browse button to set the destination location.
3. After hitting the Delete after Download tab, a confirmation message box will pop up. Hit Yes to confirm.
4. From the Apply Filter tab of the tool to download AOL mail to computer, you can go to the Date-filter and set dates from and to. This will select a time duration and the tool will export only the data falling under the given period.
5. Lastly, click on the Start button to begin the export procedure.
Whenever there is a need to export data from AOL mail again, the Incremental Backup feature can be used. It will export only the new data arrived after the first process to avoid downloading duplicates.
Moving on to the manual methods.
How to Download AOL Mail to Desktop Manually?
Two methods are there for manual performance of data exportation task. These two methods can be executed directly from a user’s AOL mail account but, have certain limitations explained later.
Let’s take a look at the first method.
Manual Method 1 – Downloading Data Via the Print Messages Feature
Follow the given instructions:
1. Enter the correct login details for your AOL mail account.
2. Choose the email required to be exported to local storage and click on the More button.
3. From the extended list, select the Print Message option to download AOL mail to computer.
4. Select the Save as PDF option if not already chosen and hit the Save button.
5. Navigate to the desired location for the end result and press the Save option.
This method will export your email to the local storage at chosen location.
But, you will have to perform the same steps for all the emails you want to export one-by-one. It is not possible to download the data files in bulk using this method.
Now, let’s find out how the other method works.
Manual Method 2 – Download AOL Mail to Desktop Using View Message Source Feature
Given below are the simple steps:
1. Login to AOL mail account with valid credentials.
2. Click on the email you want to save and press the More option.
3. A drop-down list will appear from which the View Message Source option is to be selected.
4. Then, press Ctrl + S keys simultaneously to save the mail.
5. Choose the destination location and click on the Save button.
6. After that, navigate to the location of the file and change the extension from txt to eml.
- You cannot download AOL mail to computer in batch or bulk using these methods.
- Manually you will have to perform the procedure separately for every email to be saved.
- Executing the same steps for each email can create confusion leading to errors sometimes.
- The data is not saved by the subject name of the email which makes it difficult for users to find the right email.
Reasons to Export Data from Cloud to Local Device
Listed points show why there is a need to download AOL mail to desktop:
- If the mailbox is flooded with emails and there is no space, downloading data can free up some space.
- Sometimes AOL mail outage can lead to delay in businesses since the emails will not be accessible.
- Data-theft by anonymous hackers getting into the account.
- Accidentally deleting emails permanently from the mailbox.
- Ransomware attacks leading to mails being encrypted and inaccessible.
It is safe to say that the data stored on the cloud is not a 100% secure due to the rise in cyber-crimes. The reasons to download AOL mail to desktop are explained here for a clear vision to the users.
The methods for the same can be used for a successful transfer. But, the manual methods can be used to export only a few emails whereas, the software can perform bulk exportation with no sign or risks of data-loss.