Evolution Mail to Outlook – Best of Solutions for Conversion
Summary: Those of you who want to export Evolution mail to Outlook can use the methods from this guide. Find out about the queries that users ask regarding the conversion that we are explaining in this article. Learn a few things about Evolution mail as well. Starting Now!
Evolution mail is a free email client for Linux OS which helps managing emails, address book, calendar, task, etc. It supports MBOX format and all the data that you download or export locally is stored in the same format.
We know that MS Outlook is a Windows application that supports PST format which is why, it is important to perform Evolution Mail export to PST.
To make it a successful process and access the data in Outlook without any failure, there is a need to convert the data using a professional solution.
Let’s first take a look at this user query:
Query: I am finding trouble with exporting the data from Evolution mail to a Windows-based email client i.e. Outlook. Is there any way to perform this type of conversion where there are no complications and I can easily switch from Linux to Windows?
Let’s find out!
Find Out About the Method to Export Evolution Mail to Outlook
The method is divided in three stages as below:
All the steps of these phases are easy-to-understand and you can swiftly perform the export without any fail.
There is no direct way to execute this operation since two different Operating Systems are involved. This is why we are explaining it in three stages which is the easiest method.
Starting with the first stage, we will now cover the entire process.
Phase 1 – Downloading Data for Evolution Mail Export to PST Operation
The default location of an Evolution mailbox in Windows is:
“C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.evolution\mail”
But for those who are using Linux OS, the default location is:
Now, you can directly export the data files from Evolution mail by following these steps. Don’t forget to copy the data to an external storage or USB & then move it to the Windows OS.
Follow these steps:
- First you have to open a folder in your Evolution mail & choose the messages from it.
- To move Evolution mail to Outlook, click on the File option and choose Save as button from the extended menu.
- Navigate to the location as per requirement to save the output.
- Repeat these steps for all the folders.
After doing so, you will have your emails on the Windows OS machine. Now, to the second part.
Phase 2 – Converting Downloaded Emails to Outlook Data File
For this stage, you need to first install the Smartly Built MBOX to PST Converter which is available for latest & prior versions of Windows OS.
You can go through the process for Evolution mail export to PST, you just have to browse the files, select the format and convert your files.
There are various features that the tool provides which can prove to be helpful enough to transfer data in a quick manner like the Date-based & Folder filters.
These functions make selective conversion & transfer in bulk possible even for the non-techies. The tool makes sure no changes are made to the folder structure during the process.
Let’s take a look at the detailed steps explaining the use of various features.
Instruction Guide of the Tool to Export Evolution Mail to Outlook
1. Launch the software & click on the Add File option to start with the procedure.
2. Choose the option Select MBOX file from File System from the Selection Option field and insert the files.
3. Click on the Change button to set the destination location for your end results.
4. Mark the radio button beside PST format and enter the size in the PST Split option if the need be.
5. Finish the process by clicking on the Export button.
Once you convert the files, it’s time to export them to Outlook.
Phase 3 – Exporting Converted Files to Complete Evolution Mail Export to PST Task
Go through these steps:
- Launch Outlook and go to the File menu.
- Click on the Open & Export option and choose the Open Outlook Data File option.
- Then, choose the data file that you want to open. Click on Open.
- If you want, you can also use the Import/Export Wizard to import the data file.
If you import the file using Import/Export wizard, it will go to the inbox but if you open it, then it will be displayed as a separate mailbox.
The process for Evolution mail to Outlook is not a difficult one. You have the entire procedure explained here in three different and easy stages.
You will not find a direct solution even if the operating systems are the same. In different operating systems, there are no chances for a direct method. Hence, the conversion process described here is by far the best method anyone can apply.