How to Export Eudora Mail to PST Outlook via Reliable Way?
Info: This article constitutes the method to export Eudora to PST for Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 & 2003. Also, the method applies to all Eudora versions, whether the old 3, 4, 5x versions or the new 8 version.
Eudora is a desktop-based email application that can be used on Classic Mac OS, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, and Linux operating systems. It is a powerful email client, which can be configured with POP3, IMAP, and SMTP protocols. Where MS Outlook is a personal information manager developed by Microsoft Corporation. It is an email client that includes the task manager, calendar, contact manager, web browsing, note-taking, and journals. Well, migrating between different emailing platforms becomes a common trend today and there are several users who want to export Eudora to PST for Outlook. Let us understand the scenario more clearly with the help of some user queries taken from forum websites:
“I have constantly used Eudora as my email client, however, now I have Windows 10 on my new PC and I am using MS Outlook as emailing platform. There are so many messages saved in my Eudora and I want to import them all to my new PC. Is there any technique to export Eudora Mail to Outlook application? Thanks for any help you can provide.”
“Hello! I am trying to convert Eudora to PST for Outlook 2016. For this, I am using an option to import emails and address from Eudora 3.x 4.x and 5.x yet, when I attempted that, a warning prompt displays that say the mail folder could not be opened. Any ideas for this issue?”
Solution to Convert Eudora Mail to Outlook PST
Microsoft Outlook is a secure and more reliable email client also, it includes all the features that can enhance the productivity of an organization. This is the main reason for which Eudora Email users are inclining towards MS Outlook and searching for a solution to export Eudora to PST. In this article, we are going to discuss one of the most secure techniques that can execute such conversion.
MBOX to PST Converter Software is a proficient solution that can quickly export emails and attachments from Eudora to Outlook PST. With the help of this software, one can batch convert Eudora files into Outlook PST file format.
This software supports all kinds of Eudora versions irrespective of the mailbox type they support:
- Eudora 7 & below versions: These Eudora versions store all its emails in MBX format and attachments are stored in a separate folder.
- Eudora 8: This new Eudora version is based on Thunderbird and hence, it stores both emails and attachments in a single MBOX file with no extension.
Using the configured option in the software allows you to preserve attachments and other attributes regardless of the Eudora version and their concept of creating files.
Step-by-Step Guide to Export Eudora to PST
To convert Eudora to Outlook, follow the steps given below:
- Click on Add File button to select the Eudora mailbox
- Choose Eudora email client from Select An Email Application section
- Now, select the Default Profile Configured option. Selecting this option will automatically fetch data from the default location
- Choose the account whose emails are to be exported from Eudora to Outlook
- After this, all emails and attachments Preview window
- Select Export All Folder option for exporting all Eudora files at a time. If you want to export some selected folders then, click on Export Selected Folders option
- Highlight PST file format as the export option
- Then, browse a destination location to save the resultant file. Click OK
- Hit the Export button to begin the export Eudora Mail to PST conversion process
- After starting the export procedure, the software will display the current status of the process along with item count
- Once the export procedure gets completed successfully, hit the OK button
- The software will generate a complete report of the Export process
- To access the converted file, navigate to the saved location
Now, one can simply import the converted PST file into MS Outlook and export files in Outlook 2019/ 2016/ 2013/ 2010/ 2007.
Users choose different email clients for managing their business email accounts as per their current necessities. However, migrating from one platform to another requires the best possible method so that no data loss condition can occur. In this techno page, we have discussed one such data migration task i.e, export Eudora to PST. Apart from this, we also have discussed one automatic solution for the same via which one can execute the operation to export Eudora mail to Outlook without any kind of data loss.
Some Queries Regarding Eudora to Outlook conversion
Eudora 8 stores all its emails and attachments collectively in MBOX files (without extension). While Eudora 7.1 and lower versions store emails in MBX file and attachments in “Attach” folder.
The location of database files depends on the version of Eudora you are using.
For Eudora 8: “%appdata%\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\”
For below versions: Look for MBX files in “%appdata%\Qualcomm\Eudora”
It happens when you convert Eudora 7 and lower versions into PST format. Because MBX files only contain emails and attachments are stored in a separate folder. Simply follow the given steps for collective email and attachments conversion:
Step 1: Run Eudora to Outlook converter and click “Add File”
Step 2: Choose Eudora and select “Default file configured” option
Step 3: “Preview” the Eudora emails
Step 4: Click “Export” to convert Eudora to PST for Outlook
It is applicable for all Eudora versions including Eudora 8, 7, 6 and below .