Export Outlook.com Contacts to iCloud – Easy-to-Learn Workarounds
Here you will find the best working solutions to export Outlook.com contacts to iCloud without having to face any troubles. Read the blog till the end for the whole procedure.
There are a lot of users who use various cloud services these days and want all of them to be synchronized to each other. Now, if you are using Outlook.com and also iCloud, you would to sync the contacts between them.
But how to do so?
It is not that difficult. You will be shown how you can move contacts from Outlook.com to iCloud easily. But first, check out the user query to see what kind of problems users face.
User Query – After shifting to a new company, I started using iCloud and realized that all my contacts are stored in Outlook.com account since I have been using it for a long time. Now, I want to move all those contacts to iCloud but have no clue how to do that. I have looked for several methods but nothing works. Can anyone suggest me any way out?
Find out how the query as mentioned above and similar can be solved.
How to Export Outlook.com Contacts to iCloud Quickly?
The procedure for this is divided in 3 different stages.
1. Saving Contacts as CSV
2. Converting them in iCloud Supported Format
3. Import Resultant Data to iCloud
All these stages are explained in the coming sections. Understand the working of each step properly and perform the task without failure. Let’s now check these out.
Stage 1 – Move Contacts from Outlook.com to iCloud by Saving them as CSV
Follow the steps as given:
1. Go to the Outlook.com website and enter your credentials to Sign in.
2. On the left pane, you will see the Contacts icon, click on the icon.
3. You will be redirected to the Contacts window displaying all the contacts.
4. From there, choose the Manage option on the right corner.
5. A drop-down will appear, select the Export Contacts option.
6. Hit the Export button when the option appears.
7. Click on the Save button and the contacts will be exported as CSV file to your local storage.
Stage 2 – Export Outlook.com Contacts to iCloud Via Conversion
Here, after you have your resultant CSV file, you have to now convert those files into an iCloud accessible file format i.e. vCard. In order to do so, you can choose the CSV Contacts to VCF Converter Tool which can export your desired data to the file format supported by iCloud.
There are various features that this tool offers such as:
- Capable of downloading single VCF file for each contact separately
- Conversion of multiple CSV contacts is possible
- The tool is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and above
- Option to save VCF file at desired location
- Resultant files are produced for vCard File version 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0.
Following are the instructions to perform the conversion task to move contacts from Outlook.com to iCloud:
1. Launch the tool and click on the Add File(s) button. Choose the file and hit Open and press Next to proceed.
Note: Click on the “Add File(s)” option to add more than one file.
2. Choose VCF format and select the vCard Version. Mark the Create Single vCard per File check box.
3. Click on the Select File section and go to the Select CSV Column tab. After that, choose the Select vCard Column tab and hit Add button.
4. Hit Change button, New Folder option and click on OK to add a destination path of the resultant.
5. End the conversion procedure by pressing the Export button.
If in case you want to remove any file that you may have accidentally added, you can click on the Remove button or choose the Remove All button to delete all the files from the software.
Let’s now move to the third stage.
Stage 3 – Import Converted Files and Complete Export Outlook.com Contacts to iCloud Task
The performing steps for the last stage are discussed below:
1. Click on the iCloud app to open it and hit Contacts option.
2. You will find a Gear icon on the bottom of the window, select it and press the Import vCard option.
3. Now, you have to choose the vCard file that you want to import and click on Open button.
Your converted contact files will be imported to the iCloud account and you can now access your Outlook.com contacts from iCoud.
That’s All You Need to Know
Since contacts are an important part in every person’s personal and professional life, it is better to be able to access your contacts any time anywhere. If you contacts are stored on cloud and on all your online accounts, you will be capable of accessing them whenever you want.
This is why users look to export Outlook.com contacts to iCloud who have accounts on both the platforms. The procedure mentioned above is the only method that you will find since there is no way that can directly move the contacts.