Possible Ways to Fix Microsoft SQL Server Error 18456
Summary: Looking a solution for – How to fix Microsoft SQL Server error 18456? If yes, then relax! Go through this post, and learn a step-by-step procedure to resolve this error in the simplest way.
Microsoft SQL Server is used by small and large scale organizations to store and manage the huge amount of data. This application saves the data in the form of pages knows as the MDF file. Generally, this application works smoothly but sometimes the user encounters some errors. SQL server error 18456 logins failed for the user is among one them. So in this article, we are going to discuss the reason behind this error and the best possible ways to resolve SQL Server 18456 error.
Before proceeding to the solution part let us understand what is Microsoft SQL Server 18456?
What is SQL Server Error 18456 Login Failed for User Issue and Why It Happens
When the user is trying to connect to the database using SQL Server authentication then the user has to face this error. It means that the user has entered the invalid credentials for the database. There are other reasons are responsible which are:
1. The login details don’t exist, or the user typed it incorrectly.
2. In case if the user has forgotten the password or login details.
3. The password entered by the user is incorrect.
4. Maybe the user has migrated the database but not the logins.
5. In case if the master database is corrupt then this can be the reason for this problem.
Know-How to Tackle With SQL Server Error 18456 Issue
As we have discussed the reasons behind this problem. Now we will discuss the best possible ways to resolve SQL Server 18456. The user will get this error because of incorrect credentials. Here are the best possible ways to resolve. In case if you have forgotten the password then the user can ask the database administrator, or the user can reset the password by using the SQL Server database administrator.
Method 1: Reset the Password:
1. First, the user has to start the SQL Server Management studio.
2. In the object, Explorer clicks on the security. And the user has to click on the properties
3. Login Properties dialog box will open, choose the login and change the password.
In case if the user failed to reset the SQL password then the user can take the help PCVITA MDF Password Recovery Software.
Method 2: Now Check the SQL Server Authentication
If resetting the password won’t help you to resolve SQL Server error 18456 then the user has to check the SQL Server authentication mode. Maybe the SQL login Authentication mode is disabled.
Follow the Steps To Enable the SQL Server Authentication
1. Launch the SQL Server management studio.
2. Then connect to the SQL Server Instance.
3. Open the Server properties, Select the SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode.
Important Note: After performing the above steps the user has to restart the Microsoft SQL Server. If nothing is working out then the user’s master database is corrupted. So, in that case, the user can take the help of SQL Database Recovery Software to perform this task.
From the above write up one can get the ideas on how to solve SQL Server Error 18456 login failed for user. We have discussed the various possible reasons for this error. The user can try the manual solution to resolve this problem. But in case of corruption occurs in the master database then the user can take the help of SQL Recovery software to resolve this issue.