How to Fix Unable to Open Excel File? Solved
Microsoft Excel is used by organizations large and small to manage their financial data, daily work reports, and other tasks. Since Excel is an important program, you need to protect your data. Although Excel is irresponsible at times, many users encounter an error. However, many users often encounter a common error when opening a file in Excel, especially when they are “unable to open Excel file”.
What is the Reason “Excel Cannot Open the File” Issue
When using Excel, you may see the following message: Excel cannot open the file because the file extension or format is invalid. This can happen for the following reasons:
- The document is corrupt or incompatible with the current version of Excel.
- The File has been edited several times in various versions of Excel.
- File is not compatible with MS Excel version
- The file is damaged or corrupt
#Approach 1: Manual Method to Resolve Unable to Open Excel File Error
- To Open MS Excel Application, go to the Start menu and click on the Run option. Alternatively, you can press Windows + R
- Next, enter excel.exe/safe in the command prompt to Run the MS Excel in safe made
- Open your Excel File. This time, you will not face Excel not responding to errors anymore.
Approach 2: Take Help of ‘Open & Repair’ Feature
- Launch the Excel Application and click on the File button.
- Go to the Open option.
- From the Open window, Click File and go to the Open drop-down tab.
- Hit the button and Choose Open and Repair.
Automatic Solution to Fix the Cannot to View Excel Spreadsheet Issue
Manual solutions can’t resolve the “Cannot Open Excel File” error, there is always an option to use the Expert suggested Solution. This application can fix this error occurring in XLSX and Open XML files. This application only focuses on recovering Excel workbook data from corrupted Excel files rather than modifying the contents. This utility will not change the layout, formatting, hyperlinks, formulas, worksheet structure or anything else after the repair process. The user gets the same original content in the resulting file saved in the corrupted file.
Developed with the latest technology and packed with amazing features, this software is a reliable solution to recover corrupt Excel files compared to the manual method described here. This application is also easy to use. It is compatible with the 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 2021 versions. This provides an easy to use interface for naïve users. Try the demo version of this utility available on the website.
Related Blog: How to Recover Data from Corrupt Excel File?
Steps by Step Guide to Unable to Open Excel File
You just have to follow the guidelines given below:
- Download Excel Repair Tool on Windows platform.
- Select 3 Options : Add File, Add Folder & Search File.
- Preview entire Excel sheet.
- Choose desired Excel File from your system location that you need to repair. the, Hit on “Open” button.
- Click the desired Excel file using checkbox, click on “Repair” to proceed with the repair process.
Hope this article helps you to fix this error. Here, we have discussed how to fix the “Unable to Open Excel file” error. We have tried our best to offer a solution to correct the error. However, if you are considering using a manual solution to fix the problem. So think twice. Also, we suggest a solution to eliminate this error. In such a condition, users should go for a professional tool that can easily fix cannot open excel file error.