Horde Email Backup– Get 100% Safe & Accurate Solution
Have you ever tried taking Horde email backup or is this the first time? If this is the first time, then fret not, you have landed on the exact page you were looking for. Let’s start by knowing a few things about Horde.
Horde is an email application or webmail application that can be configured with both POP3 & IMAP configurations. It stores all of its data on the cloud server. However, it’s been in the debate lately about how safe is our data in the cloud since we don’t know the exact location of our stored data.
This certainly clears up why there is a need to backup Horde emails. That’s why, we come up with this article explaining different ways through which you can download all emails from Horde.
Quick Note: IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) allows users to read their messages on the server only. Meaning, that when you open an email, your email client contacts the server to connect you to your message so that you can read it.
Now, let’s get to our point of discussion. How can one create a backup of Horde emails?
Take Horde Email Backup Instantly using a Smart Tool
Nothing is better than a smart/automated tool to speed up your backup process. The Professional IMAP Email Backup Software is capable of exporting emails from your Horde webmail in the desired file format at your choice of location.
The software can easily download emails in bulk from a mailbox which can later be accessed in any supported email client. In short, the tool can fulfill all the customized needs as per user requirements. Such as;
- Want to backup selective emails? Use the Date-filter.
- Need to free up space in the server? Apply the Delete after Download feature.
- Thinking of using the tool again for taking backup of newly-arrived emails? Use the Incremental Backup feature.
How to Export Emails from Horde using the Tool?
1. Install the software & choose your domain. Login to your account & provide the IMAP Server & Port No. details.
2. Select the format as per requirement and apply the Advance Settings for the same. Here, we are going for the EML format.
3. Here, you can set the dates in the Date-filter for a selective time-period and apply the Naming Convention feature for renaming emails.
4. Choose the destination by clicking on the Change field and mark the Delete after Download & Maintain Folder Hierarchy option.
5. Complete the Horde email backup process by clicking on the Start Backup button.
If you ever want to create a backup of your emails in the future using this tool, you can simple use the Incremental Backup option.
It will help you to export only the new data and avoid all the previously downloaded emails to avoid duplicity errors.
Horde Download all Emails using the Manual Method
There are certain users who want to know if there are any manual methods available to backup Horde emails or not.
So, for such users, we are here with the manual method to export the emails locally. These files will be saved in MBOX format.
Follow the steps in the list below:
1. Log in to your Webmail account on any web browser and choose Horde as the default webmail app.
2. Choose the email(s) that you want to take a backup of.
3. Right-click on the message and a drop-down will appear.
4. Select the Export option from the drop-down.
5. Click on the Download into MBOX file or Download into MBOX file (ZIP compressed) option.
6. The Horde email backup process will start and the data will begin to download soon.
7. After the process completes, you can find the files in .mbox or .zip extension.
It is difficult to download the emails from a specific time period or filter the emails as it will take up a lot of time. You will have to filter the emails manually which is a time-consuming procedure.
This method is not recommended for bulk transfer of emails which is just another one of the drawbacks that it brings along.
What is the Need to Perform the Horde Email Backup Process?
There are various reasons for which taking a backup of your data becomes essential:
- If there is ever a case of data deletion due to account hacking, having a backup can come in handy and provide you with access to the emails.
- Overcoming accidental deletion is possible if you save your emails as backups on the local file.
- It is helpful to have a backup if there is any virus or malware attack on your mailbox.
- Works as a second layer of protection.
You must know the methods for Horde email backup operation as there is no certainty that your data is safe on the cloud.
Even though cloud-based email clients provide various useful features, it still doesn’t guarantee full safety for your data. This can easily be overcome by taking a backup of your data using either of the methods you find in this article.
Q- How often one should take Horde email backup?
To be on the safer side, experts recommend to take backup on a daily basis. Also, it depends on how crucial your emails are. If they are very sensitive then taking backup hourly is recommended.
Q- Where my emails will be saved after the backup process?
If you’re using the tool, then you’ll find all your Horde emails on the destination that you chose at the time of the backup process.
Q- Can I take export emails from Horde in bulk?
Yes, with the help of the tool, you can backup a large number of Horde emails to your local machine.
Q- Can I download the emails in EML file format?
With the manual method, you’ll be able to export in MBOX format only. However, using the tool, you have different file format options including EML for taking backups.