Copy SQL Table Data From One Server to Another – The Best Way
There are a number of ways you can copy SQL table data from one server to another. You can use the command and do it manually.
To Try Manually You Can Run This Command:
Step-1: Script your table on the target server using scripts from “Script Table As / Create Script”
Step-2: Afterwards, on another (target) server, you can issue a T-SQL statement:
INSERT INTO dbo.YourTableNameHere
You can also use the Backup and Restore method or Import/ Export wizard in SSMS.
But here, I am going to elaborate on the best automated method that is using an SQL Server Migration tool for a precise and fastest way to transfer SQL table data to another server.
Let’s learn about the tool and see how you copy table data from one database to another SQL Server
Professional & Best Automated Way to Export SQL Data
Let us look the software’s features:
- Export SQL Server Records & Schema to Another Live SQL Server or SQL Scripts.
- Transfer Offline MDF File to a live SQL Server.
- Save Offline file to SQL Scripts if trying to copy table data from one database to another SQL Server.
- Provides SQL Server Database transfer Within the Network.
- Copy or export Tables, Views, Functions, Stored Procedures, Triggers, & Rules.
- Permission to export SQL Server Database with Schema or both Schema & Data.
- Allow to Create New Database and also to Save in the Same Database.
- Provides SQL Database Recovery and Export Corrupted Database.
- Compatible with All SQL Server editions- 2019, 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008, etc.
- The free Download option is available here & the demo version allows users to Migrate 25 Items.
Now let us see the tool’s steps to transfer data from one SQL Server table to another one with ease.
How to Copy SQL Table Data From One Server to Another
Perform these steps after installing the tool:
Step-1. Click on “Open” to load all your files.
Step-2. Here you have to choose between Online and Offline mode. Tool migrate data in 4 ways: Live Server to either Live Server or SQL Scripts, Offline File to either Live Server or SQL Scripts. You want to copy SQL table data from one server to another, choose “Online Mode”.
Step-3. Provide “Server Name”, you can use drop-down menu for it. Also Provide Authentication details and Select Databaese. Press “OK”.
Step-4. After Scanning process, all your data will be loaded for the selcted databases. You can view the records. Then, Click on “Export”.
Step-5. As you want to export data to another SQL Server, choose “SQL Server Database”, its authentication. You can also choose the existing databse or create a new one. At last, choose whether you want to export “With only schema” or “With Schema & Data”. You can choose “Tables” ( left side panel) side. Click on “Export” again.
Also Read: Know the Best Method to Migrate SQL Server 2014 to 2019 Version
In this blog, we learned how to copy SQL table data from one server to another using an automated tool. USers can also perform migration with damaged database SQL server using this tool. It is the best way to copy SQL table to another server because:
- It is fully automated, hence takes less time.
- It is Cheaper than Microsoft SSMS.
- It is safe, secure and erorr-free.
We hope users can now execute their operations without any hassles with the help of the best utility. As per IT experts, this is so far the best method to transfer data from one SQL Server table to another one safely.