How to Recover Deleted Files From USB Drive After Format?
Summary: This write-up provides the best and easiest methods to recover deleted files from USB drive after format formatting. The full article explains in detail the reasons that force users to recover deleted files from formatted pen drive. If you are looking for the same, then this blog is worth reading.
“Can anyone please suggest me an instant solution to how to recover deleted files from a USB drive after formatting? I’ve already tried so many methods, but they all make the situation worse. Now, I want an appropriate way to recover the lost files. Any help would be gratifying. Thanks in advance.”
Loss of important data due to formatting the USB drive is a commonly occurring issue these days. Many users face this. Mainly, users attempt this practice while they are working with a pen drive, and it starts prompting an unknown error. When formatting a flash drive, they try to resolve an error they encounter. So, we considered this issue and came up with this comprehensive blog to help you understand how to recover lost files from a pen drive.
Hence, we are going to reveal an excellent approach for the users to utilize. But, before proceeding further, first go through the below-outlined difference between quick format and full format. After understanding these two terms, hopefully you will grasp the topic accurately. Let’s go further.
Few Steps to Recover Deleted Files from USB Drive After Format
- Download the Software for Windows.
- Choose the drive and Select the scan options
- Preview the recovered data files and save desired file
- Select the save location and Export the files
Quick Format VS Full Format USB Drive
Now, that we are talking about formatting before learning the methods to recover deleted files from USB drive, know that it is defined as two types i.e. quick format and full format. They both are totally different from each other. Hence, in this section, we have mentioned the difference between Format and Quick Format. Let’s understand these terms properly.
- Quick Format: The quick format only wipes the journaling part of the file system in a pen drive. Here, you should know NTFS, ext3, ext4, and HFS+ simultaneously, are all journaling file systems. All in all, the quick format completely deletes the journal and lays a new, simple, and blank file system. Now, learn what full format is before skipping to the process to recover files from flash drive after format.
- Full Format: A full format is defined, as it completely removes the data from your USB drive. But, there is a myth that after full, there shouldn’t be any recoverable data left. All the data becomes invisible but it can be retrieved if it has not been overwritten. Moreover, a full format checks your pen drive for bad sectors and makes your USB error-free.
After knowing the difference between quick and full format USB drive, now, its time to move further to resolve the issue.
Solution to Recover Deleted files from USB Drive After Format
There is no free solution to get the files back after formatting them. But do not worry! You can download and try the USB Recovery Tool. Mainly, this application facilitates smart functionalities that help implement the secure data recovery process. However, it is a pure example of user friendliness.
It comes with an easy-to-use interface, so non-technical users can also recover data from damaged USB drive without any external help. Despite that, it also consists of some more unique features. The following are listed in the upcoming segment: Let’s get an instant look:
Prominent Features of the Software
This application to recover data from USB after format is programmed with effective and efficient features that help you recover deleted files. We are going to disclose some of these features in this section.
- Retrieve videos, images, documents, etc. from a USB drive
- It has a user-friendly interface anyone can recover it
- Recover the data as per requirement by applying category filter
- Available for all versions of Windows OS.
Complete Steps to Recover Files from Flash Drive After Format
In this section, you will get instructions on how to execute the recovery process for all types of lost data from a pen drive. All the steps are discussed appropriately; you just have to follow all of them to get the expected outcome.
1: First, download and run the utility on your Windows machine.
2: Now, users can select the formatted scan option to recover deleted files from a flash drive after formatting.
3: Here, you have to preview all the recovered files and folders in the right pane of the application.
4: Finally, save the restored files from the pen drive at any desired location.
It’s Time to Conclude
There are times when a user mistakenly formats the data on his or her pen drive or USB drive. In such a case, it becomes a panicky situation for the users, who do not have any knowledge about the drives. It is always suggested to stop working on the drive if you have deleted the data from it by mistake so that the data isn’t overwritten.
This is why, in this flawless guide, we have mentioned amazing tips and tricks to resolve the most commonly asked queries, such as how to recover deleted files from USB drive after format. We can say with assurance that after reading the complete write-up, you will get rid of your issue adequately.