How to Take Backup of OLM File? Learn the Solution for Mac Users
Summary: If you want to take backup of OLM files, then you are at the right place. We are going to mention the most efficient ways to help you in taking the backup.
It is necessary to always have a backup of your data in case anything unfortunate happens to your data. This is why we are going to explain how to take backup of OLM File. Outlook for Mac is a great email application but it is also prone to risks like data loss, corruption, etc. To keep the data safe, users generally take a backup of their data and store it on their local storage.
Another reason for taking a backup would be switching from Mac to Windows OS or to another email client. If that is the case, you will need to have OLM files converted to the required file format. If you backup your data, it will not only ensure the safety of the data but also free up space in your mailbox. If you do not have a backup of the mailbox items, you can follow the methods that are explained in this blog and keep the data on a safe location on your Mac machine.
Find the Solutions on How to Take Backup of OLM File
We will be explaining two solutions for you to understand and choose from. Both the solutions work well but in case users want to move to Outlook for Windows, the professional solution will assist them is the required field. Check out the solutions as mentioned below:
2. Manual Solution to Archive the OLM Data Locally
Remember, the second method will not be able to save the data files as .pst format. That means, it will not be used anywhere else. Let’s get going to the working of the first method and learn its working steps.
Professional Solution to Create Backup of the OLM Files
The OLM files that are created in Outlook for Mac application can be used in Outlook for Windows application with the help of OLM to PST Converter. This tool will solve the query; how to take backup of OLM file by converting the data files to various file formats i.e. PST, PDF, MSG, EML, HTML, MOX, CSV, vCard, Office 365 etc. so that users can access them. The tool can export all the items from the OLM file such as emails, contacts, notes, attachments, etc.
You can easily convert OLM files in bulk along with the option to preview the emails and their attachments before you start the conversion process. If so required, you can also split the PST file as offered by the tool during the operation. Also, an option to keep the folder hierarchy maintained is provided by this software keeping the metadata preserved too.
Now, there are many more features that this tool offers which you will be explained during the process. Let’s get going to the working steps of the conversion task.
Steps for Taking Backup of OLM File Via the Software?
1. Download the tool on your Mac Machine and click on the Add File option.
2. Browse for the files you want to convert by clicking on the … option. Choose the file and hit Add File option.
3. Click on the Export Selected option to export the marked files.
4. Select PST as the export file type and click on the Advance Settings to apply the filters.
5. Hit the Browse button to choose a destination location for the end result.
6. Mark the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option and hit Export.
The Advance Settings option allows users to set a size in the Split PST after field and choose a date From and To in the Date-Filter option. Choose the items you want to export from the Categories option.
Manual Method on Ways of Taking Backup of OLM File
This method will archive the data locally on your system in OLM format only. Let’s get to the instructions of this solution;
- Launch Outlook for Mac and click on the Tools tab and choose the Export option.
- After that, an Export to Archive File(.olm) will open up from where you have to choose the items you want to export.
- Once chosen, click on the Continue button.
- Then, choose Downloads folder in the Save as box and hit Save button.
- As soon as the data is exported, choose the Finish button when a notification appears.
With the help of this technique, the data will be exported to your local storage in OLM file format.
Few Closing Lines
Taking a backup of the data is essential to keep the items safe from any risks that your data is prone to. This blog consists of solutions to understand how to take backup of OLM file and save the data locally on your Mac machine. The methods explained here are both useful and successful. Although, the data will be saved in OLM format only using the manual method. Whereas, the professional solution has various file formats that you can use and convert the data to your required format.