Kmail Import Outlook PST – Solving Queries of Troubled Users
Today, we are going to explain the simple methods for Kmail import Outlook PST operation. There are various users who are stuck in a situation where there is no way out of exporting their emails from the desktop-based email client (Kmail).
Emails being the one source of communication for organizations, businesses, professional users, etc. it is crucial to keep them safe.
There are a lot of email clients available out of which, Outlook & Kmail are the two platforms that can be used to export emails, audios, attachments, etc.
Users prefer moving to Outlook when they are switching their operating system, i.e. moving from Linux to Windows.
While learning about the Kmail export emails process, you need to first understand which format it supports.
Kmail can save emails in two formats i.e. MBOX & Maildir.
Here, the explanation is on the conversion of MBOX files to the format supported by Outlook (PST).
Since you cannot access MBOX format files in Outlook, conversion is necessary & the right methods to perform it should also be kept in mind.
Starting with the method.
How Can We Perform Kmail Import Outlook PST Operation?
For this operation, you may have to go through a lot of trouble if the manual method is chosen.
The manual solution requires you to have the following applications & go through the steps one-by-one:
- Apple Mail
- Outlook Express
- MS Outlook
Instant Solution: If you do not want to experience the troubles of the manual steps, you can use the Quick MBOX to PST Conversion Tool. The software is designed to convert the data to Outlook data file for novice users to have a painless task.
Step 1 – Using Apple Mail for Kmail Export Emails Manual Process
To start, you first have to save the Kmail emails locally. After that, follow these steps for conversion:
1. Open your Apple Mail and click on the File option.
2. Then, click on the Import Mailboxes option from the drop-down menu.
3. Choose the Kmail format option & hit the Continue button.
4. Navigate to the location of the files & click on the Choose Press Continue to move further.
5. Read the instructions that appear on the screen & click on the Done option.
Step 2 – Renaming the Files in Eudora After Exporting from Apple Mail
- Kmail import Outlook PST task requires you to rename the file like:
InboxMBOX to InboxMBOX.mbx
- Find the default location where Eudora saves the files:
C: on Documents and SettingsApplication Data\Qualcomm\Eudora
- Open Eudora and click on the InboxMBOX.mbx file to verify the creation.
- Exit Eudora & move to the next step to convert the files via Outlook Express.
In the next step, we will import these files to Outlook Express & then to Outlook since it is not possible to directly import the data from Eudora.
Step 3 – Importing Files to Outlook Express for Kmail Export Emails Procedure
- Go to the File menu & click on the Import option from the extended list.
- Choose the Messages option & select Eudora. Hit Next for the next step.
- Browse the location of the files i.e. InboxMBOX.mbx & press OK to continue.
- Click Next & Finish to end the procedure.
After doing so, you just need to import these files to Outlook & the process will complete in a few more steps.
Step 4 – Completing the Kmail Import Outlook PST Operation Via Outlook
1. Start by clicking on the File option & choose the Open & Export option.
2. Click on the Import/Export option to launch the Import/Export Wizard.
3. Hit the Import Internet Mail & Addresses option & press Next.
4. After that, click on the Outlook Express 4x, 5x, 6x, or Windows Mail Mark the Import Mail checkbox & hit Next.
When all this is done, the emails will be exported to MS Outlook.
Instant Solution for Importing Emails to Microsoft Outlook
The simple & straightforward method for the Kmail export emails task would be the conversion software.
The tool is capable of converting emails in bulk with no failure or corruption issue. You can use the software to divide the large sized files.
This can be done by using the PST Split option wherein you can set the maximum file size. Any file exceeding the chosen size will be divided into smaller parts. Doing so also removes any chance of corruption.
Steps to convert the files:
1. Launch the software & click on the Add File button to start the Kmail Import Outlook PST process.
2. Then, click on the Select File(s)/Folder from file system option & navigate to the location of the Kmail files.
3. Change the default location of your files by clicking on the Change button.
4. Click on the radio button beside PST & mark the PST Split option.
5. After that, click on the Export button to complete the process.
This is a simpler method for exporting emails to Outlook accessible format than the manual one.
Ending With a Note
The procedure for Kmail Import Outlook PST can either be performed using the manual method or the instant solution. Both the techniques work fine but the manual way is harder as it takes a lot more time.
It might be confusing for users while implementing the manual solution due to expanding steps. Since the conversion should be risk-free, it is a suggestion that you use the software for a swift process.