How to Fix Microsoft Excel Not Responding Error?
Are you facing Microsoft Excel not responding error? In this blog post, We will provide several solutions to this problem, including all possible manual and automatic methods. This method works with all versions of Excel, including Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2010, and 2007.
Excel is the most basic and essential tool offered by the tech giant Microsoft. It is used in various business organizations. All simple and complex math tasks, from averaging to profit and loss, are performed in MS Excel. It is used for various operations such as data graphing, forecasting, charts, etc., which can be used to make key business decisions. However, sometimes all these activities are hampered due to errors. This error message says:
So, let’s discuss this Excel not responding error and various manual methods to solve it.
Why Microsoft Excel Has Stopped Working?
Here are some reasons that may help you better understand why MS Excel is not responding.
- You haven’t updated Excel to the latest version.
- Some other program are conflicting with your Excel.
- The slowest method, working for decades.
- Plugins create problems for your application.
- System error corrupted files.
Solution for Microsoft Excel Not Responding Error
Sometimes you have to face various problems if Excel is not responding. One of the major problems is losing your important data. We know how frustrating it can be when you don’t save your files anywhere. There are many data recovery programs available online. However, we recommend you to try the best Excel Recovery Software.
It is ideal for all users as it is efficient and requires no technical skills. This means anyone can use it as long as they follow our guidelines properly. Also, it can recover data from corrupt Excel file on Windows OS. It has a high success rate, which means you will be able to recover all your files.
Also Read: How to Fix Unable to Open Excel File?
Working Steps of this Software
- Run the Software on Windows platform.
- Select option: Add File, Folder, Find Drive and Upload Excel File.
- Select the Excel XLSX file to repair at the system destination that needs to be repaired. then Hit on the Open.
- After viewing the .xlsx file. Select the appropriate Excel file using the checkboxes and click Repair to continue the repair process.
- You can preview the full list of repaired Excel files on the left pane and preview each repaired spreadsheet on the right.
- Preview all the recovered Excel workbook.
After a few seconds, you will see a pop-up message showing information about the recovered files. Happy! You have successfully retrieved the required data.
How to Resolve Microsoft Excel Not Responding Error Manually?
If you want to Recover Excel data file, here are few methods to help you fix it in no time. Let’s discuss them one by one.
Fix 1. Update Excel to the Latest Version
If Excel isn’t working correctly, you probably haven’t updated Excel and Windows. Then follow the steps below to update Excel file to the new version.
- Start Excel and click on the “Account” option.
- Click on the Product Information and pick “Update Options”.
- Now, select the “Update now” option.
Your update will be ready in seconds. After that, , restart the Excel spreadsheet & check if is solved.
Fix 2. Uninstall and Reinstall Excel
If Excel is not responding and the document cannot be saved, the next solution is to uninstall and reinstall Excel. This is what you can do.
- First close all the MS Office programs.
- Go to Control Panel & Pick the Programs option.
- To uninstall the product, you need to right click on it and select Uninstall.
- After uninstalling, wait a few seconds and then reinstall.
Fix 3. Open Excel in Safe Mode
- Open Run with Windows key + R. In the box, Write excel.exe /safe and Hit the Enter button.
- After typing the command then Hit the OK button.
- Hold for a few seconds and then open Excel again. If you encounter the same problem, proceed to the next step.
Fix 4. Update or Turn Off Your Antivirus Software
- In the Windows search bar, type “settings”. You will access the Control Panel, from where you must select “Update and Security“.
- On the left side you will see Windows Security. Click on it, and under Protection, click Virus & Threat Protection.
- Now check for updates. You can also disable real-time protection to disable antivirus software.
If this doesn’t work for you, try the Microsoft Word Repair Tool.
Fix 5. Using the Office Repair Tool for MS Word
Here’s how to fix the tool.
- To start the process; First, you must close all MS Office programs.
- Now, go to the Control Panel and select the Programs > Programs and Features option.
- Click “MS Office” and Pick the Change window.
- In the final step, click the Repair option and select Continue.
Fix 6. Try Changing the Default Printer
Sometimes MS Excel does not work properly due to printer problems. If your default printer is not responding, you can change it by:
- Open your settings and search for “Printers & Scanners“.
- You will access the following screen where you can select the “Printers and scanners” option.
- Now click on MS XPS Document Writer and then click on Manage option.
- You can now Pick the Set as Default option. After completing these steps, open Spreadsheet again and verify that it works correctly.
In this guide, we have shared how to Microsoft Excel not responding issue. Moreover, we have mentioned the software which is an amazing and easy-to-use application which helps you to recover all types of data. It doesn’t require any complicated steps and anyone can try it without any problem. Apart from that, you can also recover data from lost partitions in a few simple steps. If you accidentally deleted the file, we recommend that you download it. You can easily choose the package version based on your preferences.