PowerPoint Presentation Not Opening – Solved
“Yesterday I tried to copy an image from one presentation to another, but suddenly I got an error stating that the PowerPoint presentation is not opening.. Skip the presentation and restart PowerPoint. Even I tried to save the presentation file with the copied image, but got the same error. Can anyone suggest a reliable solution to fix this problem?”
Are you also facing the problem of “not opening a PowerPoint presentation”? If this error makes it difficult for you, don’t worry now. Here we discuss both the causes and solutions to this problem.
Why Does PowerPoint Not Open?
The main reason is usually due to file corruption. If the file is damaged, the elements required to open the document may be lost.
- PowerPoint cannot be opened due to a malware or virus attack on the system.
- It is also good for safely removing and transferring data from external storage devices to avoid loss.
- Plugins or add-ins like those described above may also be the reason why PowerPoint does not open.
- PowerPoint cannot be opened because the application is corrupt.
Methods To Fix PowerPoint Presentation Not Opening Error
1: Change component service settings
- Press button Windows + R keys and type dcomcnfg
- Component Services will open and you need to expand Component Services >> Computer from the left panel.
- Right-click My Computer and click Properties. Select the Default Properties button in the Properties window.
- Set value “Default Authentication Level” and “Default Impersonation Level” as Connection and Identity respectively. Press OK.
2: Change Trust Center Setup
- Launch MS PowerPoint application and select on File.
- Go to the option through the opened window.
- Click Trust Center. Then, choose Trust Center Settings.
- Click Protected View. There will be three options on that page. Uncheck all the boxes and click OK.
- Close the MS PowerPoint application and restart it. There should be no problem with the slide opening.
Automatic Approach To Resolve PowerPoint Presentation Not Opening Error
If your PPTX file cannot be opened, or even after opening, you will find that some of its items are missing, the PCVITA PowerPoint Recovery Tool can help you troubleshoot. The device is equipped with state-of-the-art technology that can fix even the most serious corruption. In most cases, users lose some key components of PPTX files, such as layout and format, theme, hyperlink, table, chart, animation, image, media file, etc. With the help of this tool, users can retrieve all items.
Step-By-Step Guide To Open PowerPoint Presentation
Here, in this section, we are going to explain the instructions for performing the PowerPoint file recovery process. You just need to follow all the steps. Let’s see:
1: Launch the PowerPoint Repair Tool
2: Select Add Files Tab to browse & repair single .pptx file
3: Select the desired PPT file from the system location that needs to be repaired. Press the “Open” tab.
4: After browsing the .pptx file. Select the desired PowerPoint file using the check box, click “Recover” to continue the recovery process.
5: Lastly, Preview Presentation with Various Slides
Hope this article helped you to fix this error. Here we have discussed how to fix the “PowerPoint Presentation Not Opening” error. Therefore in this article, we have covered manual solutions that will help to fix PowerPoint errors. To fix this problem follow all the steps given above carefully. If this does not work, the power point recovery tool can help a lot of users.