Migrate Zoho to Yahoo – Let Me List Out All Possible Methods
Let’s hear it today for the methods to migrate Zoho to Yahoo. Both the email platforms being great, there are definitely some unavoidable reasons that lead to users moving to the other webmail.
Take a look at the different scenarios leading to this type of migration:
Case 1 – Hi, I have a lot of emails on my Zoho mail account wherein all the personal emails, the college emails, & the work-related emails arrive. I need to move the college & personal emails from Zoho to Yahoo. Is there anybody who has expertise in this arena?
Case 2 – My Zoho account’s free storage space fills up too quickly and it becomes difficult to manage the mailbox on a regular basis. This is why I’m moving to Yahoo which has more than enough free storage space. I just need to transfer my data first. If anyone knows anything, please suggest.
So, to find out about the methods to solve the queries above or similar, move to the upcoming section.
Migrate Zoho to Yahoo by Applying These Simple Methods
You have two different methods to implement while migrating your data from Zoho mail account.
The first method is the IMAP Email Backup Tool for Mac OS which works according to a user’s requirement. We are going to explain the tool first.
Second method requires you to configure your account with your Yahoo Mail account so that you can synchronize the data and manage it in accordance.
Let’s start with the first method for the transfer.
Guaranteed Working Solution to Transfer Zoho to Yahoo?
It is quite easy to understand the software & learn its working. The software offers a plethora of features to its users so that whenever a person uses it, he/she faces no trouble even in bulk migration.
If you want to export the emails from a selective period of time, apply the Date-filter.
In case you need to free up space from your mailbox, use the Delete after Download feature.
Worried about your data being altered? The Maintain Folder Hierarchy feature comes to the rescue during & after you migrate Zoho to Yahoo.
Thinking of taking another backup after the first one for new data files? Go for the Incremental Backup feature to avoid duplication of previous files.
You can also go for different naming patterns using the Naming Convention feature.
How Can the Tool Be Used to Transfer the Emails?
1. Run the software & enter the credentials for the domain you choose i.e. Zoho account. Enter the IMAP Server & Port No. details to Login.
2. From the Select Export Type section, mark the file format you want to export Zoho to Yahoo in and apply the filters by clicking on the Advance Settings.
3. Choose any naming pattern from the Naming Convention feature & set the dates in the Date-filter for selective data migration.
4. Click on the Change button to pick the destination & mark the Delete after Download option to remove the emails you export from the mailbox.
5. End the operation by pressing the Start Backup button.
After a few minutes, you will find the data on the chosen location and can easily access it.
Now, let’s take a stroll towards the manual method.
Migrate Zoho to Yahoo With the Help of Manual Method
Here, we will learn about the manual migration steps to transfer the data to Yahoo mail automatically.
Does Yahoo provide an option to perform server to server migration of IMAP accounts? Well, if so, then you need to provide the following details only:
IMAP Server: imap.zoho.zom
Port #: 993 SSL
Username: Zoho email address
Password: Zoho email password
However, there is no direct way of performing the migration. You need to set up the account as IMAP in outlook first and create an Outlook data file.
Then, you can import it to Yahoo & transfer Zoho to Yahoo following a long process.
Apart from that, the process also requires conversion since Yahoo doesn’t support an Outlook accessible file.
This is why experts do not recommend using this method as the native solution.
Reasons for Exporting the Data to Yahoo Mail Account?
- Users may need two different accounts for keeping confidential information safe from any threat or damage.
- To reduce the time taken in managing the emails for different purposes.
- Yahoo provides more storage space than Zoho which is the major reason.
- Being one of the most popularly known email platforms, users prefer moving to Yahoo.
The procedure to migrate Zoho to Yahoo can be performed in two ways; manual and professional. Due to the complications that the manual method involves, it is not recommended as a successful method.
Thus, the experts recommend using a smarter solution which is the tool. This tool can be used on Mac OS prior as well as latest versions and is not faulty.