4 Most Common Outlook Errors and How to Fix Them – Solution
August 19th, 2020 |
Error, MS Outlook
MS Outlook is a widely used email client & users come across basic issues now and then. Some commonly occurring errors may result in obstruction in your workflow. Hence in this blog, we will discuss the most common Outlook errors and fixes to help you get back to your work.
Outlook displays a lot of error messages and even it end up stop working out of nowhere. Basic problem for most of the Outlook issues are corruption or damages in Outlook data file (PST). Any problem occurring in PST file can cause proper working of MS Outlook. To fix such PST file issue, the best and suggested solution is Outlook PST Repair Tool. Get to know more about the software from the followingb buttons:
Download Now Purchase Now
Unable to Access Outlook Attachments
Attachments are mostly used to send a document, video, image, etc. As a receiver, there can be many reasons why you cannot access them. There can be various reasons such as:
- Unknown File Format: This happens mostly when you do not have a program installed on your system to access any specific file. Be careful when you open a .exe or a .com file because these may contain viruses or malware. Also, in case the file associated has a different file type can probably be a threat to your system. For example, a PDF file with a .com or .exe extension shouldn’t be opened without taking major inspection measures.
- File Name: The attachment you are trying to access may have a plus (+) or question mark (?) or any other unrequired symbols. In such situations, the receiver can’t open the file. The file names must be corrected from the sender’s end.
- Compression / Decompression Issue: When you can’t open an attachment, it can be because of the incorrect file association or fault in the program required to open the file. If a file sent has been compressed, it must be compatible with the decompression program on the receiver end. If the decompression tool does not support it, you cannot access the attachment.
- Add-ins: If you have Outlook add-ins enabled, then make sure to disable them if you’re unable to use the attachment. Click on File>> Options>> Add-ins. In the Manage drop-down menu, choose COM-Add-ins>> Go. Now, uncheck all the add-ins available and click on OK. Close Outlook and re-open it and try to download the attachment again.
- Antivirus or Firewall: If you have a firewall or an antivirus installed on your device, it may be preventing you from downloading the attached file. Here’s what you must do:
1. Disable the firewall or antivirus temporarily
2. Add an exception to these programs after you have downloaded the attachment
- File Corruption: Of the most common reasons for your inability to open an attached file is its corruption from the sender’s end. Make sure the file works correctly on the sender’s device.
Spam Messages in Sent Box:
If you see messages in your sent folder that you do not remember sending, it means your account has been compromised. As cybercrime increases, spammers try to hack accounts & obtain your username and password to send spam messages under your name.
The first step you must take is to change your credentials and update your antivirus. How did your credentials reach the scammers? This might be because you clicked on a malicious link sent by an unauthorized user.
In addition to that, the password you are setting up must be complex and should be a combination of numbers, special characters, capital & small letters.
Unable to Open Outlook or Crashed Unexpectedly
One of the most encountered errors is the Outlook crashing or freezing or it stops responding. If you ever face this, the first thing you must do is to close and re-open the MS Outlook application.
- Keep your application updated as per the new versions released.
- Deleted unnecessary add-ins and only keep the frequently used add-ins.
- Antivirus may heckle the working of Outlook. Disable them.
Outlook Data Files are Corrupted
If your Outlook Data File (.pst) gets corrupted, you cannot use it or access its data. To fix your data files, Outlook has an inbuilt inbox repair tool scanpst.exe. With the help of this feature, users can repair their Outlook data files up to some extent.
If you are still not able to fix the issue, then use the Outlook PST Repair software to fix even the permanently damaged files.
Download Now Purchase Now
Have you ever received any of these errors? These are some of the most common Outlook errors that users face and are worried about. This article provides thorough reasoning of the issues and helps you fix them.