Office 365 to G Suite Migration in 2 Best Ways – 2021 Tips
Are you also among those users who are facing difficulty in migrating Office 365 emails to G Suite? If Yes, then your problem will end here. It’s because here in this write-up we have provided two ultimate solutions that can help you to perform Office 365 to G Suite migration effortlessly. The solutions described here allow the organization to migrate their users’ data without any loss & in a very short time.
Possible Reasons for Office 365 to G Suite Migration
Now we will discuss some reasons due to which migration from one cloud platform to another is required:
- One organization (using O365) is collaborating with the other one (using G Suite)
- Changing the organization domain name
- Requires the migration of Office 365 emails to G Suite
- Managing Office 365 accounts is difficult as compared to G Suite which is easier
- G Suite is easy to set up & provides better collaboration
Manual Approach to Migrate from Office 365 to Google Suite
Step 1. First thing first, you need to use your Office 365 account credentials to log in to the account and you have to click on the OneDrive.
Step 2. Now you have to select all the required/desired files and folders that you want to migrate from Office 365 to G Suite.
Step 3. After the selection, you have to click on the download button to initiate the download on your computer.
Step 4. Here, you have to log in using your G Suite account credentials to your Google Drive account.
Step 5. Now, you need to click on the My Drive option given in the interface and need to choose Upload Files from the menu option.
Step 6. Lastly, you have to upload all the files and folders manually to this G Suite account.
The above method is the direct way to perform this migration. Moreover, the Google Data Migration Service is inbuilt in G Suite & it is free if the user has paid account. This data migration service allows users to perform Office 365 to G suite migration. But, it has some limitations these are as follows:
- At the same time migration of emails, contacts, calendars are not possible
- It does not allow the migration of OneDrive documents
- A very slow process, it takes high time to carry out the migration
- No option to migrate data of specific date range
- No option to migrate data in priority wise
- Manually enter user-id & password for the migration
Recommended Solution for O365 to G Suite Migration
As it is evident from above, that the manual migration method is a time-consuming process, hence, not possible to use for a large number of user’s accounts to be migrated. Therefore it is suggested to use an automated utility, that speeds up the whole process.
It is suggested to use O365 to G Suite Migration software, it is the most proficient application to migrate from Office 365 to G Suite. With this software migrate emails, calendars, contacts, documents to G Suite without any loss.
The utility gives the option for the selective migration of data by providing various filter options. Moreover, it is compatible with all the versions of the Windows Operating system including 10. Some other highlighted features of the software are as follows:
1. Selective Migration: With the date filter option, it migrates the data of the selected date range. The tool also gives the option to select the desired Office 365 accounts for the migration process.
2. Priority Feature: With this functionality, users can perform Office 365 to G Suite migration, according to their account-wise priority.
3. Delta Migration: While doing the re-migration process the tool can migrate newly or modified data also.
4. It does not require any External Application: It is a single program that can do the Office 365 email migration to G Suite without any external help.
5. Retry Failed Items: With this mode migrate all those data which are failed to be migrated in the initial run.
6. Re-Run full migration: With this functionality, users can migrate all the data categories which might be skipped in the initial run.
Detailed Steps With Screenshot for Office 365 to G Suite Migration
- Download and Run the tool to move Office 365 data to G Suite
- Select the source as Office 365 & G Suite as Destination
- From the Workload, selection choose the category as emails, contacts, calendars, or documents
- After that enter the Source Office 365 Admin Id, application id and click on Validate
- In order to perform Office 365 to G suite migration, enter the Destination G Suite Admin Id, service account id, p12 path, and click on validate
- For fetching the user account select any option i.e. Fetch Users, Import Users, Download Template
- Then, import the mapped CSV file using the “Group Mapping” option
- Hit the Start Migration button to begin Office 365 email migration to G Suite
- Click on the Download Report button to view the migration status
As we know there are multiple reasons, due to which people perform Office 365 to G suite migration, & many among them we have covered here.
And we have also discussed, the best possible solutions for this operation, Both the solutions as good in their own way. But, if people want a safe, 100% error-free & fast migration process then, it is advised to use the above-mentioned professional tool.
Can we use this utility to transfer data of users between different Cloud Platforms?
Yes, this is a well-engineered powerful utility that allows users to carry out multiple types of cloud data migration across cloud platforms.
Can this utility save my account credentials in their database without my permission?
No, this utility never saves any user data credentials to its system. User’s data are encrypted and safe without any interference.
What if the migration process gets failed? Would this tool make duplicate while re-running it?
This utility provides three different types of Re-Run migration options, users can run retry failed migration and the utility will migrate data without creating any duplicates.