If you have also been facing the Office 365 shared mailbox not showing in Outlook issue then you have landed on the right page. Here, you will get various methods to solve the error along with the explained steps to perform.
Some of the users are granted permission by the admin to read and send emails from the shared mailboxes depending on permissions. Users with permissions can work in a synchronized manner with the help of the shared mailboxes, can also be said to be centralized services.
There are a lot of users who migrate from Office 365 to the desktop application Outlook easily but are facing the issue of shared mailbox Office 365 not showing in Outlook.
You will find solutions that can help with resolving this error that we will be mentioning in the coming section.
Note: Do you want to get over with the error as quick as possible? If yes, then click here and jump directly onto the best solution which is to export the shared mailbox to Outlook.
Moving to the methods to solve the error and being able to access the mailbox.
There are three methods to get over the error. Two of these are manual methods and one is the expert-recommended solution. Let’s find these out:
These solutions will help you do the needful. Learn how to perform each method carefully.
Whenever a user configures his/her account to Outlook, the shared mailboxes generally come up automatically. If you can see the shared mailbox in an Online web but not in Outlook, there might be a server-level issue.
Or else, you would have seen the error “the folder you selected is not available”. You can solve such issues by performing the following procedure:
1. Open your Outlook Application and click on the File tab.
2. From there, go to the Account Settings option and choose Account Settings.
3. Choose the account you have in Office 365 and click on the Change button.
4. Now, choose the More Settings button from the Change Account window.
5. After that, go to the Advanced tab and press the Add button from there.
6. Fill in the address or the name of shared mailbox and hit OK.
7. If you have the permission, the shared mailbox will appear on the left pane in Outlook.
It is noted in some cases that this solution doesn’t work. If yours is that case too, you can move to the next method.
If there is an issue with the synchronization of the shared mailboxes with Outlook, you can try to disconnect the mailbox and reconnect it by following these steps:
1. Close your Outlook application completely and click on the Start button.
2. Go to the Control Panel and select the Mail option.
3. Now, from the pop-up window, select the Email Accounts option.
4. Select your Office 365 account and hit the Change button.
5. Now, choose the More Settings button from the Change Account window.
6. Click on the Advanced tab and choose Remove option from there, hit OK.
7. Follow the steps from technique 1 to reconnect shared mailbox.
In case you still cannot solve the shared mailbox Office 365 not showing in Outlook error, then follow the steps below to troubleshoot Outlook manually.
1. Go to File tab and select the Option button.
2. Choose Advanced tab button and mark Enable Troubleshooting Logging option.
3. Hit OK and restart your Outlook application, choose Temporary Folder option. Preview the recent log file and look for the reason that might be causing the error.
If none of the above given solutions work, skip to the next method which is also the best method up till now.
This solution to solve the Office 365 shared mailbox not showing in Outlook error is suggested by the experts to give users the best experience at performing this task.
Go for the Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool to transfer the shared mailboxes from your Office 365 account. The tool will extract the data from your shared mailboxes and help you save it in PST file format locally in your system.
After you save the data, you can easily import it to your Outlook application and get over this error.
There are reasons such as shared mailboxes not being configured while migrating to Outlook. Or, the error showing “The operation failed” or “Cannot display the folder”, could be why Office 365 shared mailbox not showing in Outlook error is faced.
You can try to resolve this error by applying the methods as mentioned above but in case the manual methods do not work, or you want a faster solution, you can go for the third-party utility. The software will help you transfer the data as quick and easily as possible.