Microsoft Outlook is a popular email platform with a simple user interface. It provides various advanced features and option to configure IMAP or POP3 account. Users can easily add their Gmail or Yahoo account in the Outlook profile. However, during IMAP synchronization, an Outlook error 800ccc0e-0-0-560 is frequently encountered by the users. This issue becomes troublesome when the users do not know how to resolve it. Hence, in this blog, we will discuss the causes of this error and method to troubleshoot IMAP error synchronizing folder 800ccc0e-0-0-560. But, first, understand a real-life scenario which is taken from technical forum.
“I have configured my Yahoo email account in Microsoft Outlook 2016 with IMAP connection. Initially, the configuration process was executing smoothly and fine. It syncs the inbox and fetches the messages from it. Also, the new email messages arrive promptly in the inbox folder, all seems well. However, when I try to sync my old messages of the same Yahoo account, the synchronization gets disrupted. The Sync Issues folder starts filling with synchronization messages. When I open the email, it shows Outlook error code 800ccc0e-0-0-560. I do not know why this error occurs? Can anyone know how to resolve Outlook error 800ccc0e-0-0-560?”
There are many factors responsible for the Outlook 2016/ 2010 IMAP synchronization error. The error code 800ccc0e-0-560 is not a simple error. It is a very critical issue that can damage the complete Outlook profile. Here, some of the causes are listed below that arise this sync error.
1. It might be possible that accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo has not synced properly with Outlook account.
2. There may be a chance of improper account settings of the IMAP email account in MS Outlook.
3. When the users create sub-folders within the Inbox folder of IMAP account instead of making outside the root location.
Due to above-mentioned reasons, Outlook gets failed to configure the old emails of IMAP account. This problem generally arises when the users add Gmail or Yahoo account in the Outlook email account. As a result, the IMAP synchronization process will stop and shows error code 800ccc0e-0-0-560.
In order to troubleshoot Microsoft Outlook error 800ccc0e-0-0-560, follow the below mentioned instructions:
1. Launch Outlook application in which you encounter this issue and click on File tab.
2. Now, select Info >>Account Settings>>Account Settings.. to resolve the error.
3. From Account Settings window, select the IMAP account and click on Change button.
4. As soon as you select the Change, a Change Account window display on the screen. Here, you need to click on More Settings option.
5. A new window gets opened named as Internet Email Settings. Here, you need to click on Advanced tab. Type Inbox in Root folder path box and click OK to update all the changes.
6. Exit from all the Outlook windows and again restart the application.
Like problems with Thunderbird and other email clients, Outlook also encounters an error during IMAP account synchronization with Yahoo. Therefore, this blog provides a step-by-step guide to resolve Outlook 2016 error 800ccc0e-0-0-560. Along with this, we have covered the reasons of this IMAP configuration error. Now, follow the above-mentioned solution sequentially and fix the IMAP error synchronizing folder 800ccc0e-0-0-560 error.