Outlook Mailbox Full After Deleting – Guidelines from Professionals
Sometimes, even if you remove some data from your Outlook mailbox, you still can see that the storage is full. This is why users search for solutions to resolve the Outlook mailbox full after deleting error.
You might be thinking that deleting a few emails from your mailbox will help your regain the storage space but that doesn’t happen when you actually lose some of the mails. Why is that though?
This may be because the files that your are deleting do not take up so much of space and deleting them won’t matter so much since the files taking a lot of storage are still present in the mailbox. In such cases, users may find that Outlook mailbox size not reducing after deleting emails.
Here, in this blog, you will find how to delete the emails and why is it necessary to lose these files. But before that, if you want to just know the technique to lose these files, you can use the instant solution which will help you in reducing the file size. Stick to the blog to know about this solution in details.
1. How to Delete Emails to Solve the Error?
2. Instant Solution to Resolve the Issue
3. Steps to Follow to Get Over the Trouble
4. Concluding Points
Method 1 – How to Delete Emails to Solve Outlook Mailbox Full After Deleting Issue?
Perform the instructions as mentioned below to resolve this issue:
1. Launch Microsoft Outlook and click on the Search Folder >> New Search Folder.
2. Choose the Large mail option under the Organizing Mail field and click Choose under the Customize Search Folders.
3. In the Show mail greater than box, specify the size of the files and hit OK.
4. A Larger than folder will be created under the Search Folders.
5. Now, you just have to go to the Search Folders and select the new folder that you have created to resolve Outlook mailbox size not reducing after deleting emails.
6. Delete the emails that you think are not important and keep deleting mails until the issue is solved.
Well, this doesn’t seem like a suitable solution in case there are some emails that you cannot lost and might need in the future. For such a case, you can go and check out the instant solution that we had mentioned earlier in the blog. This will help you understand the entire situation and the reason why you should go for this method to fix Outlook mailbox full after deleting issue. Let’s jump right into it.
Method 2 – Resolving Error by Emptying Trash or Deleted Items Folder
When the data is deleted, it is shifted to the Trash or Deleted Items folder in Outlook account. Hence, the mailbox size can be managed by emptying the Deleted Items folder to remove the emails from your mailbox permanently.
To do so, you have to configure Outlook with the Deleted Items folder or manually empty the Trash.
Point to Note: If Exchange, Outlook.com, or Office 365 account is configured, the Deleted Items folder will be displayed. If Gmail or any other email account is configured, Trash folder will be displayed.
Resolve Outlook mailbox size not reducing after deleting emails error by following the given steps:
1. Launch Outlook and right-click on the Deleted Items or Trash folder. Click on the Empty folder option.
2. Hit Yes if prompted with a confirmation.
1. Go to the File tab and choose the Options button. Hit Advanced option.
2. In the Outlook Start and Exit field, mark the Empty Deleted Items folders when exiting Outlook checkbox.
3. Scroll to the Advanced section and choose the Prompt for confirmation before permanently deleting items folder.
You can use another method for the same which is explained in the next segment.
Method 3 – Fix Outlook Mailbox Full After Deleting Error Using Mailbox Cleanup Tool
To overcome this issue, there is an option to cleanup the mailbox and manage the size of it. Using the Mailbox Cleanup option, check the size of the mailbox, filter the emails that are older than a certain duration.
Or, you can Archive emails, remove them based on size, view the Deleted Items folder size, & empty Deleted Items & Conflict folder.
Following are the detailed instructions to use this method:
1. Navigate to the File tab and click on the Tools option to start resolving Outlook mailbox size not reducing after deleting emails.
2. Then, choose the Mailbox Cleanup option to launch the tool.
3. The AutoArchive option can be used to automatically move the emails older than a specific time to an archive email which can be opened & accessed locally. This way the mailbox storage can be freed and the error will be fixed
4. Choose the Empty Deleted Items Folder option to remove the data from Deleted Items folder.
5. Also, Clean Up Old Items option will help to clean the mailbox by moving emails to archive.
Instant Solution to Resolve Outlook Mailbox Full After Deleting
There are not much of solutions to get the storage space back without having to delete your PST files that are known. Don’t you worry as we have the perfect solution to solve this type of query.
You just have to download the Split PST Software which is designed to divide the over-sized Outlook data files into smaller parts in desired MB or GB sizes. This way, you can have your emails all safe and secure and regain the storage space without having to delete anything.
The tool is capable of dividing the large PST files in bulk without causing any risk of data loss. The working of this application is also easy and can be understood by any user. Let’s check it out.
Outlook Mailbox Full After Deleting Error Solved by the Utility
Here you will find the steps to be performed to resolve the error:
1. Run the software and click on the Add Files option.
2. Select the file that you want to split and hit the Open button.
3. Choose the desired option from the given Split Options and enter the details for the same. Hit the Next button.
4. Click on the Split tab and the tool will start dividing the large size files.
These are the only steps that you need to follow in order to keep the emails safe and yet, regain space in the Outlook mailbox.
The error Outlook mailbox full after deleting is mainly caused due to the oversized PST files which is not an ideal situation. You need to either split or compress these files if not delete them to make sure that the program doesn’t hang up and works smoothly. Also, large PST files are more likely to get corrupted which is why they should be shrunk to smaller parts.