Fix “Outlook Oversized OST File Problem” by Using Top 4 Solutions
MS Outlook saves its data items in PST and OST file formats. Like PST file, OST file also has its certain size limit. It means that you cannot store more data in OST file than its capacity. When you try to save large mailbox content, it reaches the maximum size or crosses it. In this case, users face various server issues and OST file corruption. Hence, they need to reduce the size of the OST file. In this post, we are going to tell you the all possible methods to handle the Outlook oversized OST file problem. Keep reading this blog to know how to solve the Outlook data file has reached the maximum size issue.
Manual Methods to Solve Oversize Problem of OST File
In order to avoid the situation of large OST file issues, there are various workarounds available. You can choose any of them to fix this problem.
Solution # 1: Disable All Add-Ins
Outlook add-ins can affect or disrupt the normal functioning of the system. So, in order to improve the performance of Outlook, you should disable the Add-ons by following these given below steps: Please follow the steps to resolve large OST file issues.
1. In the Outlook, go to the File menu >> select Options >> click on the Add-Ins.
2. Now, go to the Manage option and choose COM Add-Ins and click on the Go button.
3. In this step, you need to uncheck all the Add-Ins that are not in your use recently or non-functional.
4. Finally, click on the OK button, it will fix the Outlook OST file oversized problem.
Solution # 2: Archive OST File Data to Resolve Increase OST File Size Limit Outlook Issue
When you archive OST file data, size of the OST file will be reduced and space will be cleared that is occupied on the server. However, you can also change the location of archive OST file in your system. To archive the OST file, perform the following steps:
1. First of all, go to the File menu >> click on the Cleanup Tools and choose Mailbox Cleanup.
2. Now, you have two options:
- You can click on the AutoArchive option to move the older items in the mailbox to an archive folder.
- Then, click on the Empty option to delete items from the Deleted items folder.
Solution # 3: Compress Outlook Data File to Solve The Outlook Data File has Reached the Maximum Size Issue
You can reduce or compress your OST file by using the inbuilt utility of Outlook. Reducing file size might help in improving the Outlook performance. To compact OST file, follow given steps.
1. First of all, delete entire items which are not needed in the future.
2. Then, open the folder list view. Go to the navigation pane and right click on the folder >> click on Deleted items and then click on the Empty folder option.
3. From the Outlook, go to the File tab>> Account Settings and select Account Settings option.
4. After that, hit on the Data Files tab and choose the OST file to be compressed and click on the Settings option.
5. In this step, click on the Advanced tab and choose Outlook Data File Settings option.
6. From the Outlook Data File Settings, click on the Compact Now option.
Expert Solution to Resolve Outlook Oversized OST File Problem
Often the manual solutions are not able to resolve the oversize problem of OST file. In such situations, users are looking for a direct solution to decrease the size of large OST file and fix this error message. Therefore, it is suggested to use the PCVITA OST to PST Converter tool because it is the best third-party tool that can overcome from this issue. It is capable to convert OST file to PST format and then split into multiple files. By doing this, increase OST file size Outlook problem will be fixed. It is an easy and error-free method to fix the error Outlook OST mailbox size limit exceeded.
The Final Thoughts
Microsoft Outlook email client is very famous but sometimes errors can persist in best of applications. So, it is necessary to regularly check the mailbox size of Outlook OST file and keep compacting folders when OST exceeded its maximum literal size limit. This post describes all the necessary ways to resolve the Outlook oversized OST file problem. Also, another alternative solution is described to make the task easier and direct.