ProtonMail Email Backup – Learn Different Methods of Backup?
If you are worried about keeping your data of ProtonMail including emails safe & want a ProtonMail email backup, look no further than this article. Here, you will find the relevant methods for safely saving/downloading emails from ProtonMail.
We know that ProtonMail is a secure emailing service provider and offers an end-to-end encryption facility to users.
However, the data stored cannot be kept safe from external or human errors.
This is why there is a need to always keep a backup of your data in the local storage no matter what.
In order to save your data, you need the correct methods at your hand. If you have the wrong methods or complicated ones, you might end up losing your data instead.
So, to perform the ProtonMail backup email procedure, you need to keep up till the end of the blog.
User Query: Is there any way to create a backup of important emails I have on ProtonMail? I know that my data is safe but I can’t take risk losing my sensitive information and want to save the data locally. Please suggest me a solution for the backup where I can easilly download my ProtonMail emails!
Now, let’s find out how to solve the query given above and similar ones.
How to Create ProtonMail Email Backup? [Explained In-Depth]
There is a manual solution that not every user knows about i.e. Import/Export Application. This application facilitates working for both Windows & Mac OS machines.
Here, since we require the Mac OS version, make sure that you set it up and then the steps for the export can be performed.
Other than that, we have an expert approach that helps in creating a backup without having to go through any trouble or wasting any time.
Let’s first take a look at the expert approach then will move to the manual one.
Expert Solution to Complete ProtonMail Backup Email Task
First of all, download the Intuitive IMAP Email Backup Software for Mac and take a look at the features that it provides.
- The software offers formats like PDF, EML, PST, MBOX, MSG, HTML, etc.
- Easy backup of selective emails from a specific time period using Date-Filter
- Delete After Download to create backup & remove the files from the mailbox
- Choose the PST option & Split large files into smaller parts in desired MB & GB size
- Maintenance of folder structure and metadata is a default practice of the tool
- Create ProtonMail email backup for newly arrived data via Incremental Backup
- Various Naming Convention options to rename files as Subject, Date + Subject, etc.
- The tool is available for all versions of Mac OS (latest and prior)
After learning the features, let’s find out about the working steps.
How Does the Software Work to Create a Backup of Bulk Emails?
1. Download the software on your Mac OS and choose the domain. Fill in the details to log in to your account and add the IMAP Server & Port No. Press Login.
2. To start the ProtonMail email backup procedure, you need to choose the format in which you want to save the data in. Then, select the Advance Settings option.
3. In the window that appears, select the Naming Convention option as per requirement and set the dates in the Date filter.
4. Now, choose the desired destination in the Change field and mark the Delete After Download button is so needed.
5. Lastly, hit the Start Backup option to take ProtonMail email backup.
The data will soon be exported to your chosen destination.
Manual Method of for ProtonMail Email Backup Using the Import/Export Application
This tool is provided by ProtonMail itself to export all the emails on the local system of the user. Check out how it works:
1. Install the Import/Export application and launch it. Click on the Add Account option.
2. Enter the credentials for your account and click on the Next button.
3. Select the Export option and enable the MBOX or EML option in the Select What You’d Like to Export window.
4. Browse for the destination location and hit the Export option to finish off the process for the ProtonMail backup email.
For a clear vision of why there is a need to create a backup of your data from the cloud-based email service, skip to the next section.
Why Do You Think Is It Necessary to Make a Copy of ProtonMail Data?
It is important to take a backup of the data for the following reasons:
- To keep their crucial data stored locally for future reference.
- To avoid any human error such as hacking, virus attacks, malware & ransomware attacks, accidental deletion, etc.
- ProtonMail email backup is also necessary to always have the data on your hand in an offline mode so that it can be accessed anytime.
- There is also the need to export the data to different email clients for data migration purposes.
- Sometimes, having a backup of their data in PDF format proves to be helpful for printing purposes.
All the given reasons can lead to a dire need for a user to make copies of their data files for saving them offline.
In the End
As mentioned in this article, there are many reasons to take ProtonMail email backup but the methods for the same are not many.
Fortunately, ProtonMail itself offers a tool designed to import or export data. However, it is not entirely safe and can be a complicated process. Thus, the software is recommended by experts for taking a successful backup on the local storage.