How to Restore SQL Database from Multiple BAK Files at Once – Complete Solution
Are you still wondering about how can you restore SQL database from multiple BAK files? If so, then this blog is going to be very helpful to you. In this post, we will discuss the most reliable and simple solution to restore multiple .bak files at once. Here, we will cover all the topics mentioned below.
- How to Create Backup Using SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio)?
- How to Restore BAK File using SSMS?
- Limitations to Restore SQL database from BAK file using SSMS?
- Professional Solution to Restore SQL Database from multiple BAK files?
Before discussing the mentioned points, first, let’s know about Microsoft SQL Server and what is the need to create a backup.
SQL Server is a relational database management system. It is used by large organizations to store and retrieve data from the database. SQL commands like Select, Insert, Update, Delete, Create, and Drop can be used for all tasks that users need to do with a database. After all these benefits, SQL Server may have encountered an error like abrupt termination, database connection errors, transaction errors, virus attack, and more. In such a situation, it is the best way to create a SQL database backup to save a SQL Server database in safe mode.
How to Create Database Backup using SSMS?
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the SQL Server.
- Click on Databases and select a user database.
- Next, Right click on the database >> Tasks >> Backup.
- Select your database and choose the Backup type.
- Click […] next to the File Name Field.
- In the file name field, type the name of backup with a .bak extension.
- Click OK and you will receive a completed successfully message once the backup is done.
How to Restore SQL Database From BAK File using SSMS?
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right click on Databases >> Tasks >> Restore.
- From the Restore Database window, choose the database to restore or you can create a new database. Select “From Device”.
- Specify the backup. Click Add to browse the .bak file and click OK.
- Now, select Options from the left side and select the required Restore Option.
- Once it is complete, you will receive a completion message.
Limitations to Restore BAK File Using SQL Server Management Studio
As you can see in the above section, restoring BAK file with SQL Server Management Studio is very lengthy and time-consuming. You must have a lot of technical knowledge to restore SQL BAK file. You cannot restore multiple .bak files at one time with SSMS. To overcome this problem, you can go with SQL Backup Recovery Tool.
Professional Solution to Restore SQL Database from Multiple BAK Files
The SQL BAK File Restore software is an easy and quick solution to recover data from corrupt .bak file. This tool is capable to repair corrupt SQL Backup file and export it directly into the SQL Server database. You can restore multiple SQL BAK files at once with all elements. With this software, you can recover .bak file of SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 and other below versions.
Follow these steps to restore multiple .bak files in a simple manner.
Step 1. Download, Install and Run the SQL BAK File Recovery Tool.
Step 2. Click Open >> Browse >> Select the .bak file. After, select and auto detect SQL Server .bak file version.
Step 3. Click “Multiple Backup File Option” and click on Add Folder option to load and restore SQL database from multiple BAK files.
Step 4. Now, select the backup files and click the Recover button.
Step 5. The tool starts scanning and loading the selected .bak file. Upon completion of the scan and restore operation, the software previews all recovered BAK file items.
Step 6. Next, click on the Export button to export the recovered items directly into the SQL Server database.
Step 7. Choose required Export to, Database Authentication mode, and Destination Database option.
Step 8. Select required database items to export With only schema or export with schema & data. After click on the Export button.
Step 9. “Export Completed Successfully” message will appear on your screen when the export process is complete.
Finished, this is the easiest and most successful way to restore SQL database from multiple BAK files at once.
Why Choose SQL Backup Recovery Tool?
There are many reasons to choose this tool as it offers several features and benefits to its users to restore corrupted .bak file. Some of the best features are as follows.
- Scan and repair corrupt SQL .bak file with all items like table, views, stored procedures, etc.
- Can easily restore BAK file without showing any size limitations.
- Recover MDF, NDF, and LDF database files saved within the SQL Server backup file.
- Auto-detect option that easily defects the version of the SQL Server BAK file.
- Supports all MS Windows Operating System like Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP, etc.
- Capable to restore multiple .bak files at once without any error.
- The option to export the recovered SQL backup file into the SQL Server database.
- Gives the option to create a new database or export a .bak file in the existing database.
- Support to recover data from Wallet Ransomware affected SQL Server .bak file.
In this article, we mentioned the full process of how to create a backup of SQL database using SSMS. Also, describe the manual and automated solution to restore BAK file. Now, you can choose any method to restore SQL BAK file. To restore SQL database from multiple BAK files at once, we suggested the SQL backup restore tool because it is difficult with SSMS. This software is 100% error-free and able to repair corrupt SQL backup file in less time. With this tool, you can export recovered data items to the SQL Server database using only SQL Server credentials. To test the performance and functions of the tool, you can download the Free Demo Version.