How to Split Outlook Archive File By Year in Outlook?
If you are stuck in a situation where you have to split Outlook archive file by year in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2007? If the answer is yes, then congratulations you have arrived at the correct place. Here, in this following article, we will describe different methods to resolve these queries.
The main reason to divide archive PST files by year is that Outlook stores all the incoming data items into the same PST file for many years. Now, this can lead to the PST file getting oversized. It is really important to know that storing files up to a particular limit can easily make them corrupt and you can’t access them anymore. Hence, many users are unable to access their data items of mailing clients.
Table of Content
- Reason to Break PST by Yealy
- Manual Methods to Divide Outlook Archive File into Smaller Parts
- Automated Method to Split Outlook Archive File
Why Should You Split PST Files by Year?
Deleting large PST files is necessary to keep MS Outlook running smoothly, but doing so has many benefits for everyone. Large Outlook data files can cause many problems. Therefore, we recommend that all Outlook users keep their Outlook data files within reasonable limits. Some of the most common benefits of splitting a large PST file into multiple smaller files are listed below.
- Avoid Outlook Errors: Splitting an Outlook PST file can prevent various Outlook issues caused by an oversized PST file, such as Outlook files that are too large to open.
- Improved Outlook Efficiency: MS Outlook works more efficiently when the Outlook data file is smaller, as it has more free space.
- Quick Sharing: Another advantage of splitting a large PST file into several smaller files each year is that the files can be easily shared without having to send all the data.
- Easy to Manage: Small Outlook data files are easier to manage than large PST files.
- Smooth Data Recovery: In the event of data loss or data corruption, you can use this small PST file to quickly and efficiently restore your emails.
Here are some reasons why you might want to split your PST file by year. Now let’s see different ways to split a large PST file into several smaller files.
Quick Steps to Split Outlook Archive File without Outlook
- Download the PST Splitter Tool.
- Add Outlook PST to the software and click Next.
- Select the PST splitting option as per your requirements.
- Now select “Next” to start the process.
Techniques to Divide Archive PST File By Year in Outlook
In this upcoming section, we will talk about different methods by which one can easily divide their Outlook archive files by year. Here carefully follow these below-listed steps:-
Manual Tricks to Outlook Split Archive by Year
MS Outlook does not have built-in functionality to split Outlook files by year. However, you can split an Outlook PST file into smaller files by year or date. You can transfer emails from a specific year to a new PST file. Repeating this process several times will create multiple PST files containing emails from different years. You can also use MS Outlook’s archiving feature to store your emails in multiple PST files. Both methods are described below. follow the given steps to start the process:-
#1. Move Emails to a New PST File
- Start Microsoft Outlook on your computer and press file.
- Select the Account Settings icon and select Account Settings.
- In the Account Setup Wizard, switch to Data File.
- After that, Hit the “Add” button to add a new PST file.
- Give this new file an appropriate name and location.
- Now type “received: YYYY” in the MS Outlook search field and press Enter. This will display all emails belonging to the specified year. Select all emails and right-click.
- Click the move option and select copy to folder.
- After that, select the newly created PST file and press OK. All the emails for the specific year will be transferred to the new PST file.
- Repeat this process to create multiple PST files for different years.
By following the steps above, you can split an Outlook PST file into smaller files by year based on different years.
#2. Archive PST Files by Year
Another solution to split PST files by year or date is to use MS Outlook’s Archive feature. You can archive emails for a specific year. To archive old emails, follow the steps below.
- Open Outlook and click the File option.
- After that, click on the “Tools” option on the “Info” tab.
- Selecting Clean up old items opens a file wizard.
- Check the Archive this folder and all subfolders option and select the desired email account.
- Next, choose the date in the ‘Archive items older than’
- Check the Include items with ‘Do not AutoArchive’ ticked option and Click the OK.
- This will create PST files for the specified date range. Repeat this step to create more PST files based on different time periods.
After performing all the given steps in the above section. Users can easily repeat the procedure to break their PST files by repeating the mentioned steps. You need to keep one thing in mind though during this process, which is to modify the date & the destination of the output file that you are creating.
Lamination of Using Manual Methods
The aforementioned method to Outlook split archive files by year contains multiple drawbacks. It also requires you to have some type of technical knowledge to perform the procedure step by step. For a novice user, the entire process can be a little difficult to understand the whole working structure of it. If any mishap occurs during the operation, then it can lead to corruption and data loss.
Best Automated Solution to Split Outlook Archive File by Year
After learning about the demerits of manual methods, it is safe to say that users should rely on a reliable and more solution instead of this one. And, after continuously searching for a while, we have found the perfect solution for you to divide PST archive file by year. The Split PST File Tool will be a secure & simple solution that both domestic and professional users can utilize without facing any issues.
It helps to overcome all the demerits that we have mentioned above. In addition, this software helps to split PST file into smaller parts properly and is compatible with Windows OS.
Complete Guide to Split Archive File into Smaller File
Follow these below-mentioned steps to complete this task:-
1. Run this splitter tool on your Windows system.
2. In the next step, choose Add File/Folder or Search option to browse your files.
3. Now, you can select your required destination path to save your resultant files. To proceed further, you can hit the Next button.
4. It is now time for you to select any required split options to split your files by date, year, folder and email Id, category.
5. Next, check the summary of the split information and click on the Next option.
6: After the user clicks the “Next” button, the tool will start dividing the PST.
multiple users are facing issues to resolve the “split Outlook archive file by year” query. This blog is all about different techniques that can be used to perform this task. We have mentioned both direct and professional solutions in brief. To make it easy for you to choose any desired method. But, before using the manual solution you should go over the drawbacks. And then decide whether you should use it or not. Also, the best way to complete this task is by using a Professional solution.