Microsoft SQL Server is a popular relational database management system that stores and retrieves the data requested by the other applications. This RDBMS system supports a wide variety of transaction processing, business intelligence and analytics application in the corporate IT environments. But we know that Microsoft SQL server operations are dependent on the disk subsystem. Many times the users have to face the SQL Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check problem.
The forthcoming article will discuss the solutions to this problem. Before proceeding to the solution part let us first discuss in which possible situation when SQL server or users encounter the CRC data error.
1. While restoring and backing up the database.
2. While Querying the SQL server database.
3. Starting the MS SQL Server.
Cyclic redundancy check or CRC is actually a data verification algorithm used by the computer to check the data on the storage devices like Hard disk drives, solid-state drives, Magnetic tapes, and CD’S. Let us discuss the various causes of CRC error.
1. Due to Registry corruption.
2. Unsuccessful program installation.
3. Cluttered Hard disk drive.
4. In case files written on bad sectors of the Hard drive.
Note: The user can also read this post How often should I run DBCC CHECKDB
1. The user has to face this problem due to I/O subsystem issue. So you need to perform the chkdsk command on the disk and with the help of /F parameter. After the chkdsk is completed complete disk defragmentation is recommended.
2. Next, the user has to perform a data integrity check on the database to check the database corruption. Run the command below
DBCC CHECKDB (DBname) WITH NO_INFOMSGS, All_ERRORMSGS
3. In case if the user is facing the database corruption then the user has to restore from the well-known backup or repair the SQL server database. The user can try to repair the database by using the DBCC CHECKDB with REPAIR OPTION. But this is not the perfect solution to repair the database because there is a huge risk of data loss is there. Follow the commands to repair the database.
ALTER DATABASE (DBname) SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;
DBCC CHECKDB (‘DBname’, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) WITH NO_INFOMSGS;
ALTER DATABASE [DBname] SET MULTI_USER;
Important Note: The repair feature of the SQL server is not a reliable and guaranteed solution. So, in that case, the user can try to repair SQL server database by using the SQL Database Recovery software. This can easily recover the data from the corrupted SQL server database. The user can easily recover tables, stored procedures, views, etc. It also helps to recover deleted records. Also, this application is compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 and its below version. For complete information, the user can try the demo version of this software.
In this article, we have discussed the problem of SQL data error cyclic redundancy check. We have given the various causes of this CRC error. To resolve this problem the user can try the manual method. In case if your SQL server database is corrupted then the user can take the help of expert solutions to resolve this issue.