Transfer AOL Mail to Yahoo – Overcome the Manual Drawbacks
Let’s learn why users want to transfer AOL mail to Yahoo. This guide is for those users who have been looking for a solution to make this transfer but haven’t been lucky enough to find a smart technique.
Without making the transfer a hard deed, we are here with the most popular solution among the experts.
AOL Mail is another famously known email service provider on cloud which offers various emailing features. The storage space of AOL mail is 250 GB which is pretty good & should be plenty for various users.
Despite this, users want to forward AOL mail to Yahoo. Why?
Well, there are various reasons for the same as we are listing here:
- Switching to another organization using Yahoo as their native email service.
- Separating work-related & personal emails.
- Storage space issue due to a heavy flow of emails on a regular basis.
User Query: I have been using AOL for a long time now & I have both personal & professional emails here. It is hard to find work-related emails with all this mess. If anyone knows how to move selected emails to Yahoo, please help!
How Many Methods Are There to Transfer AOL Mail to Yahoo?
There are enough methods for you to compare. In this blog, we are going to explain three of these methods.
Two of these methods are manual & the third one is the Quick-witted Mac IMAP Backup Tool which is an expert’s recommendation.
All of these methods are explained in detail in the upcoming section. You can either compare or jump to your required solution.
Moving on with it!
Technique 1 – Forward AOL Mail to Yahoo Directly from AOL
Remember: This method is suitable for those who want to export only a few emails as it will send only one email at a time.
- First, login to your AOL mail account.
- Open the email that you want to move.
- Click on the Forward Icon from the menu.
- Then, in the To field, enter the Yahoo mail id.
- Lastly, click on the Send button to finish.
This method will help you to export a few of your emails from the mailbox. This method to transfer AOL mail to Yahoo may take up a lot of time since it requires you to repeat the steps for every email.
Technique 2 – Using Yahoo Mail to Make the Transfer
This method allows you to forward your emails by enabling the in-built forwarding feature in Yahoo.
1. Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account where you want the emails.
2. Choose the Settings Gear & press the More Settings option.
3. Click on the Mailboxes option from the left pane.
4. Tap on the Add Mailbox button to forward AOL mail to Yahoo.
5. From the right pane, choose the AOL option.
6. Fill in the valid credentials for your account & hit Next.
7. When prompted with confirmation, press the Yes button.
8. The process will start & you will receive a copy of all the emails in Yahoo mail.
Both of these methods are quite easy & can help you export data successfully. Yet, it may not be best to apply any of these methods.
That’s because there are certain disadvantages of using these techniques.
Drawbacks of the Manual Methods to Transfer AOL Mail to Yahoo
Manually performing the transfer has the following demerits:
- These solutions are time-consuming & can become lengthy.
- You need to have basic technical knowledge if you want to perform the process successfully.
- In manual operations, the chances of data-loss or corruption are relatively higher.
- The first method will consume a lot of your time & effort if emails in bulk are to be transferred.
- There are times when you may not be able to access your mailbox due to server errors.
Technique 3 – Expert Recommended Tool to Forward AOL Mail to Yahoo
This solution is tried & tested by professionals and is now being recommended to the end users.
It is quite easy to learn how it works as the interface of this tool is user-friendly. Even the naive users can easily perform the transfer by following these simple steps:
1. Install the tool & launch it. Choose AOL from the drop-down as Source. Enter the login details for your account & fill in the IMAP Server & Port No to transfer AOL mail to Yahoo.
2. Now, pick the file format which you want to export the data in and hit the Advance Settings.
3. Apply the Naming Convention feature by choosing the desired naming pattern. Set the dates in the Date-filter to export emails from a specific time-period.
4. Then, if you want to delete the data from AOL mail after you download it, mark the Delete after Download Choose the location for output files in the Change field.
5. Finally, press the Start Backup option & the tool will start exporting the files.
The reasons to transfer AOL mail to Yahoo are discussed in this article to provide a clear vision to the users. Getting hundreds of emails on a daily basis can lead to the mailbox space filling fast which leads to making a switch.
There are no troubles with the manual methods explained here if you have only a few emails that you want to export. For bulk, neither of the methods is recommended due to the time-consumption or complicated methods involved.