How to Transfer Outlook Emails to Yahoo Mail? Don’t Lose Emails
For those users who are looking for solutions on how to transfer Outlook emails to Yahoo mail & have queries similar to these, you are welcome here!
Query 1 – Using Outlook for a long time gathered a lot of data in my local storage which, now, I need to move to Yahoo Mail. If there is anyone out there who knows how to export the files from desktop-based to web-based email client, please help!
Query 2 – I started working a few days back & my company expects me to use Yahoo Mail as my official email account. I have been an Outlook user since the start & now, I have to import Outlook emails to Yahoo mail. I have no idea how to move my important data to the Yahoo account. If anybody does, please suggest something. Thanks in advance!
Both Outlook & Yahoo Mail are popular amongst the most preferred email services in the world. Outlook is a desktop-based email client whereas Yahoo mail is an email service on the cloud.
Since Outlook supports PST & OST formats and Yahoo doesn’t, we are here to explain how to import these files to the webmail account without any trouble.
What Methods Help to Learn How to Transfer Outlook Emails to Yahoo Mail?
This is an entirely manual method of importing the Outlook data files to webmail account i.e. Yahoo mail.
For this method, you need to perform the configuration steps to make sure your data is synced with your Yahoo mail account.
Remember that this method is a little complicated & doesn’t allow you to filter your messages. If you want to filter your files, or send only a certain portion of your data, you can use the Perceptive Mac IMAP Backup Software.
Taking a look at the steps.
Step-by-Step Manual Configuration to Import Outlook Emails to Yahoo Mail
1. Start by opening MS Outlook 2013 or 2016 version. Navigate to the File tab.
2. Then, in the Info section, choose the Add Account button to begin the process.
3. Here, you have to select the radio button beside Manual Setup or additional server types.
4. Now, click on the POP or IMAP option in the Choose Service page & hit the Next button.
5. Provide your Yahoo account credentials including Account type, Incoming mail server, & Outgoing mail server.
6. After that, click on the More Settings option to move further with learning how to transfer Outlook emails to Yahoo mail.
7. Then, choose the Outgoing Server tab that appears on the next page.
8. Here, you need to mark the My Outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box. And choose the Use same settings as my incoming mail server option.
9. Press the Advanced tab & mark the Incoming server (IMAP), Incoming server encrypted connection, Outgoing server (SMTP), Outgoing server encrypted connection.
10. After completing it all, you have to click on the Finish button followed by the Next button.
11. If your account is configured successfully, then, click the Next button to import Outlook emails to Yahoo mail.
12. When the pop-up displays account configuration confirmation, click on the Finish button.
13. Once all that is done, you will be able to see the emails in your Yahoo account.
14. Now, drag & drop the desired folder in the Yahoo mail folder.
15. Lastly, open Yahoo mail & navigate to the folder moved to your account. Open the folder & access the emails to check if all are available.
This is a useful & successful method, no doubt, but it involves complex steps which not every user is fond of.
Another Way to Import Outlook Emails to Yahoo Mail
There is another way using which you can perform the same activity in a lesser amount of time & with less complications.
The tool that we were talking about above is an expert recommendation which provides various features including:
- Choose from various export formats like PST, EML, HTML, TXT, MBOX, etc.
- Apply the Date-filter for exporting data from a specific time-period.
- Use the Delete after Download feature to free up space from the mailbox.
- Folder structure maintenance after how to transfer Outlook emails to Yahoo mail task.
- Various naming patterns in the Naming Convention feature to rename emails.
- Available for all prior & latest Mac OS versions
Now, take a stroll towards the working steps of the software.
Easy Working of the Software for Exporting Emails in Bulk
1. Run the tool & choose Outlook as your Source account from the list. Enter the credentials for your account & the IMAP Server & Port No. Login to your account.
2. Choose the format as HTML and click on the Advance Settings option to import Outlook email to Yahoo mail.
3. Pick one naming pattern from the Naming Convention section to rename all the emails. Set the Date-filter for selective data transfer.
4. Now, mark the Delete after Download checkbox to apply the feature. Choose the location for your end files by clicking on the Change button.
5. End the operation by pressing the Start Backup option.
Mark the Incremental Backup feature before using the tool for second transfer. It will only export the new files & avoid the earlier transferred files.
Understanding how to transfer Outlook emails to Yahoo mail with the help of an expert solution is more advantageous than the manual method. This is because the expert method will always provide the best functions in layman language.
The manual method, however, is always the same for both technical & non-technical users. In addition, it doesn’t guarantee exporting data in the proper formatting or if there will be no data-loss error.