How to Import Apple Mail to PST for Windows Outlook
Import Apple Mail to PST file format for accessing the emails in Outlook platform. This output PST file can be later imported into both Mac and Windows Outlook easily.
Apple Mail is an inbuilt email client of Mac OS. It runs on SMTP, POP3 as well as on IMAP protocols. Apple Mail has the capability to set up multiple accounts simultaneously and allows easy switching between them. Mail app saves all mailbox emails in MBOX format. There are times when users may need to migrate from Apple Mail to some other desktop-based email client like Outlook. Let us understand this scenario more clearly with the help of a user query:
Step by Step Method to Import Apple Mail to PST
- Extract the MBOX file from Mac Mail and transfer it to Windows system
- Convert this extracted file into PST format
Step 1. Extract the Apple Mail emails in MBOX file
This is a fairly easy process to implement. Simply go through the following instructions:
- Run the Mail app on your Mac machine
- Select the Mailbox folder you wish to export as MBOX (say, Inbox)
- Look for File menu and select the Export Mailbox option
- Finally, select the preferred destination and save the emails as MBOX file
Alternative, users can also find the MBOX files at the default location of Mac Mail app:
~/Library/Mail/Vi, where i is the version of Mail you have (V2, V3, V4, V5, V6)
Once you have the MBOX files, transfer them to the Windows system.
Step 2. Import Apple Mail to PST by Converting the MBOX Files
MBOX to PST Converter tool is an eminent way to convert Apple Mail mailbox files to PST file format. It displays the preview of emails along with attachments before performing the conversion. Also, this tool is compatible with Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7/ XP/ 2000 and all below versions.
Steps to perform the conversion:
- Install the software to convert Apple Mail files to PST on Windows OS
- Click on Add File button to add single or multiple .mbox files(s)
- Select MBOX file from the list and click on Next button
- Locate and select the transferred Apple Mail MBOX file (use Folder mode to select multiple MBOX files in bulk)
- Select PST file format and customize the export options as per preference
- Browse the destination location for the output file and click OK
- Hit the Export button to import Apple Mail to PST
- Navigate to the location and access the resultant PST file
As there are many users who want to import Apple Mail to PST hence, this article comprises complete information about the same. All the essential steps to import Apple Mail emails to PST on the Windows platform are described here so that users can accomplish a successful migration without losing a single bit of data.