Import EML files to Apple Mail – 2 Approaches to Export
Find out the perfect solutions to import EML files to Apple mail without having to waste so many efforts finding the right one. Here, we only have the solutions that are useful and can help you in any and every way possible. To help you understand why users look for methods to perform the import process.
User Query: I have recently received a bunch of EML files from my boss. All these files contain sensitive information related to our organization and needs to be kept safe. I want to import EML to Mac mail but since I am not a techie, I don’t know how to do so. Can anyone please help?
Now, as you can see, this user above needs to know how to move the emails messages in .eml file format to their Mac, Apple mail. In this blog, you will be given the solutions to understand the process for export.
What Are the Workarounds to Import EML Files to Apple Mail?
Here, we are going to mention two solutions for you to choose from in order to complete the exportation process without any troubles.
The first one will help with the process making it easy for the users to understand it.
The second way has a few drawbacks to it which might not be suitable for the users. Both the methods will be explained in the following segment so that the users have a clarity which one to choose and why.
High-Rated Tool to Import EML to Mac Mail
You will find various solutions, tools, and software to help you convert your email files but not all of them provide what they offer. This is why, here we have brought you a solution which will provide you with all the benefits along with a demo version available for free.
This is the EML to MBOX Converter Mac that supports the conversion of infinite EML files and in bulk. There is an option that you can choose to mark all the files to want and convert them to MBOX file format.
The bulk conversion option eliminates the need for the users to select all individual files one-by-one making it a time-saving procedure to import EML files to Apple mail.
It makes sure that the on-disk folder hierarchy is maintained and the data stays intact so that you do not find it difficult to look for your files.
Also, there is no limitations on the size of the EML files and you can also move the attachments along with the emails using this tool.
This method has two steps to it, first the conversion and second is the import. Let’s get started.
Section 1 – How to Import EML to Mac Mail Via Conversion?
Perform the steps as explained below to start the process:
1. Run this application and click on the Add File(s) option. Choose the files, hit Open and Next.
2. Now, choose the export type as MBOX and click on the Advance Settings option to apply filters.
3. Mark the Maintain Folder Hierarchy option to and hit Change button to choose a destination location of the resultant file.
4. Select the Make new folder option, give the folder a name and press the Create button.
5. Finally, hit the Export button to finish the procedure.
The first part of your export procedure is finished. Find out the second part in the next section to complete the entire process.
Section 2 – Import EML Files to Apple Mail Post-Conversion
Here, you have to move the resultant file to Apple mail. To do so, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, open your Mac Mail and hit the File button.
2. Choose the Import Mailboxes option where you will find a list of sources.
3. From there, select the File in MBOX format option and hit Continue.
4. You will find a list of MBOX files created from which you can select the files as per your requirement.
5. The import process will start and once the files have been moved, you will be able to find them in the Imported Folder.
This is the best way out to get your files imported. Now, we will explain the manual method for the same procedure and mention the limitations of it.
Manual Procedure to Import EML to Mac Mail
This approach will tell you how to directly move your emails to Apple mail:
1. Start your Mac OS X machine.
2. Choose all the files that you want to move from your Windows OS.
3. Now, copy all these files to your Mac operating system.
4. Click on the ctrl + A keys simultaneously to select the .eml files.
5. Lastly, drag these EML files and drop them in your Apple mail to complete the process.
There are a few limitations to this method to import EML files to Apple Mail such as:
1. This is a time-consuming and lengthy process since you might experience issues while opening the EML files. It also causes the performance to get slow which leads to time-consumption.
2. You cannot transfer multiple mailboxes with the help of this method. This solution doesn’t allow that, also, one wrong step and all your data is at risk of corruption or loss.
There are reasons like users not able to open up EML files or better management offered by Mac mail that make the users want to move their files.
You can use either of the solutions to get the results that you want after you import EML files to Apple Mail but make sure you know all that is offered by the software and the limitations of the manual method. The tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Mac OS X.
Frequently Asked Questions by Users
Ans – Steps to import EML files to Apple Mail:
1. Download the converter tool.
2. Click on Add File(s) option to insert EML files to convert.
3. Export the files as MBOX and save locally.
4. Import the resultant files to Mac Mail.
Ans – Yes, the software allows users to convert .eml files in bulk using Add Folder option.
Ans – It indeed is possible to do so. Select the Date-Filter if you want to convert files from a certain period. Apply the Category filter if you want to convert data from specific items.