Know How to Import Thunderbird to Office 365
The post deals with the best possible solution to import Thunderbird to Office 365. Also, the data can be migrated to Outlook 2016. Any sort of data loss or change in formatting is not observed after using the method explained here.
All the users having their account on Thunderbird email client know that the data files of Thunderbird are stored in the local system. Whereas, Office 365 operates on the cloud storage and can be accessed from any location at any time from any device.
All you need is to enter the right credentials for your account and you’ll be logged in.
This is the main reason why users want to migrate Thunderbird email to Office 365. No doubt both the email services are great at their part but the universal access provided by Microsoft 365 weighs over and convinces users to make the switch.
The only prerequisites are supported device and a strong internet connection. Microsoft is planning a good lead to equip its users with a latest and updated environment. Now, users can organize their account on the cloud storage with an unlimited space.
Let’s find the professional method which is assigned to the users just by entering the login credentials of Office 365 account.
Method to Import Thunderbird to Office 365
Although many users believe that the migration task is very complicated, it is not as daunting as it looks like. Users do not need to worry about it anymore.
Here, a method is discussed which can enable successful migration of emails into O365 account without any changes in the original copy of Thunderbird mailboxes.
The requirements of this manual tool are Outlook credentials like username and password. The working of the software is also performed on the Thunderbird files without extension. This method to migrate Thunderbird email to Office 365 allows to add mailbox items to the profile location by directly browsing the files.
- Launch Thunderbird application on the local system. Hit on Tools menu and then on Account Settings.
- From the new window, hit on the Server Settings tab. It will display the Local Directory Path. Hit on Browse button and avail Thunderbird files to export them.
- Copy the path of the directory from here and then, paste it to the address bar of the Windows Explorer.
- If a user clicks on it, it will show all the data and you can move Thunderbird to Office 365 as required. The mailbox items like Inbox, Trash, Sent Items, etc., can be seen without any extension.
- You can rename all these files with the extension .mbox file. After following this step, the file purely becomes an MBOX file and can be used for migration.
Steps of the Tool to Migrate Data to Office 365
A user can follow these steps to import data items into Outlook 2016 or O365:
- Open MBOX to Office 365 Migrator on the local system.
- Hit on the option Add File(s) or Add Folder to insert the data to migrate Thunderbird email to Office 365. Go to the required file and then, click on the Open button.
- Once a file is added, the tool will display its contents within the product interface. Hit on Next.
- On the next screen, the radio button corresponding to Office 365 will be automatically selected.
After that, the two different options i.e. With Impersonation and Without Impersonation will be shown by the utility. Users can select any one of them and follow the given procedure to export the data in each case.
With Impersonation Feature to Import Thunderbird to Office 365
- Here, a user has to enter details like username and password for an admin account. On the next panel, select With Impersonation feature and hit on Login option. Then, admin account will be validated to import Thunderbird emails.
- After the admin account gets verified, a mailbox ID is to be provided. After this, the mailbox ID will also get validated.
- Then, apply the desired filters and hit on Export.
- Once the import procedure is done, a message will pop up showing successful completion of the procedure to migrate Thunderbird email to Office 365.
- An export report is also generated at the end and it can be saved at the desired location.
Without Impersonation Feature
- Choose the radio button corresponding to Without Impersonation.
- Enter the individual mailbox ID to which data is to be transferred. Then, this ID will be authenticated.
- Now, you can add the specific filters for moving data from .mbox files and hit on Set option.
- Click on Export to complete the procedure.
- Once the procedure is completed successfully, a message will prompt on the screen. Hit on OK to export Thunderbird to Office 365.
- At last, an export report will be generated, containing all the necessary details. By clicking on Save Report, it can be stored on the local system.
No doubt, Thunderbird is used extensively by many users. But, some of its features are outdated and are not improved further by Mozilla. Office 365, on the other hand, is growing and upgrading on fast pace which is why it is a better option for business to grow.
The features and benefits of Microsoft 365 make users move to help them with a relatively better productivity suite. So, users decide to import Thunderbird to Office 365. It may seem like a tedious task for many of the users which is why the professional tool is explained to export the data.