How to Backup Outlook Contacts Using a Verified Solution?
Summary: Learn the different methods on how to backup Outlook contacts to an external hard drive. Then, use the backup file to migrate to another device or avoid losing contacts.
Since valuable data is mostly stored in digital devices, it can be vulnerable to unwanted threats. Thus, keeping a copy of the information can help in preventing any major data loss. There are many backup options available today but the most convenient way is to backup contacts from Outlook to an external hard drive.
MS Outlook is a primary email application for many users and the contacts in it become extremely important. Hence, saving a copy is always preferred. When talking about a backup plan, users should follow the 3-2-1 backup rule. This implies that the user must keep 3 sets of copies of the data at all times. Each is on a separate storage device and one must be kept off-site.
Table of Content
Reasons to Backup of Outlook Address Book to External Hard Drive?
Backup file of any data helps in various situations, like –
Backup helps you if you unknowingly delete your data.
You can use your backup file to prevent any data loss if a ransomware attack occurs on your account.
During the server’s downtime, you cannot access your files. In such a situation, there is no hindrance in your work, for this it becomes very important to have a backup.
Plus, if someone hacks your data, you don’t want to lose it forever, so yes, backups are important.
However, most users prefer to use external hard drives to store information outside their computer. You can easily transfer the data to another computer device. Furthermore, the primary feature of an external drive is to safeguard important data that can be recovered in case the source device is damaged.
How to Backup Outlook Contacts Using Automated Method?
Firstly, in manual case, you need to export Outlook contacts either in PST format or CSV file. Since doing it manually is time consuming, it is advisable to take the help of software. And for backing up manually, you must have the Outlook app installed on system.
The Outlook Contacts to vCard Export tool is an advanced solution, used by professionals to backup required contacts to external hard drive. It will always keep all the contacts attributes same while backing up.
On the other hand, if you try to do it manually, it will take you twice as long. Also, you need to export all your contacts individually.
Why Choose this Automated Software?
- It is a great software to learn how to backup Outlook contacts in bulk or multiple contacts in a single attempt. Also back up deleted contacts from Outlook data file.
- Use the exported file from this software on multiple platforms and email clients.
- Similarly, it also rescues contacts from orphaned/corrupted/password protected files.
- Furthermore, you can choose any file format from the various options available to backup contacts. Available options are vCard, WAB, Google CSV, Yahoo CSV and many more.
- The best solution that can be used on any Windows operating system. As it includes Microsoft Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 11 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Apart from this, it also supports all versions of Outlook application to backup address book. In short, you can load the file only from Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Tool Guide to Backup Outlook Contacts to External Hard Drive
1: Download and install the tool and load the PST files/folder in the software.
2: Now, as the tool has scanned the files, it will provide you with a preview of the contacts file content on the screen.
3: After this, select the desired format you would like to backup your contacts file in.
4: At last, provide a location on your computer system to save the file and hit the Export button. The process begins.
After you have a backup file in your computer system, you need to transfer it to an external drive. So, start by plugging your device into your computer. The system will detect that an external device is connected to it and prompt you by displaying its contents. Now, just copy and paste the files that you have just created using the software.
Manually Backup Outlook Address Book Step by Step
This process can be easily done manually as well. Follow the below-given steps to know-how:
- Launch Outlook and click on File in the first step. Then, choose Open & Export from the next window of the tool.
- Now, select the Import/Export button>> Export to a File>> Next icon.
- Choose the Common Separated File or just choose Outlook Data File (.pst) option from the list.
- Then, tap the Next here select the Contacts folder or subfolders as required to backup.
- Thereafter, browse the destination to save the file on a desktop of your choice and map the custom fields. Finally, hit the Finish button to end the backup procedure.
You have successfully created a backup file that you can easily access on your external hard drive or import it later in any supported email client.
In this blog, we have mentioned two different methods on how to backup Outlook Contacts to external hard drive. However, if you back up your contacts from the Outlook application using software, the task becomes much easier. Because as compared to the manual method, the tool is more efficient while backing up the contacts. Also, it is a professional software which ensures accurate results during backup. So, you only need to go through a few steps to get the results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- Can I selectively backup Outlook contacts to external hard drive?
Answer- Yes, with this software, you can easily backup all or selected contacts from Outlook account in one go. Then, store the file in the your local computer device.
Q- Will this software retain all the details of the files?
Answer- Yes, when the software will backup Outlook to external drive, all the details will be reserved like first name, last name, phone number, email id, address etc.
Question- I am currently using Windows 10, but I want to update to Windows 11, so can I use this software on the updated Windows OS?
Answer- Yes, definitely yes, it is an advanced software which is fully compatible to work on all versions of Windows operating system. Hence, it becomes easy for you to run the software on Windows 11, or 10, 8 and below versions.
Q- Can this tool back up address book in Outlook 2013?
Answer- Yes, this software supports all versions of Outlook application, therefore, it is quite easy for you to back up address book in Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013 or below.