Backup Rediffmail Inbox – Secure & Easy Data Backup Solution
Why is there a need to backup Rediffmail inbox if the data stored on the cloud is safe and the security measures of the webmail can keep it away from the threats?
This was one of the many queries asked by users who are new to the cloud & do not have any idea about the threats involved.
Here, the risks to the cloud data and the solution to overcome them are explained. You just have to keep up with this article for every bit of information.
Now, before learning how to take Rediffmail backup, let’s find out a few things about it.
Since Rediffmail is used by thousands of users worldwide, queries for backup are much more frequent than others.
There are various advanced features that are provided by Rediffmail to its users for managing the mailbox data. Availability at all times, remote accessibility, and membership accounts for superior facilities, yet, there is a need to store the data locally.
Well, that is mostly because there are no safety measures offered by webmail clients to save the data from external threats.
Then, how can the data be saved?
Here’s How You Can Backup Rediffmail Inbox and Save the Data
Due to the lack of manual methods for this operation, going for a professional solution is the only choice left.
You can download up to 5 messages from the mailbox directly but more than that might take a lot of time since you need to save them one by one.
You can use the Automated IMAP Mail Backup Tool for Mac and apply all the features that the software provides.
Let’s take a look at the working steps of this tool and learn the advantages as well.
How to Take Rediffmail Backup Using the Software?
1. Install the software and enter the credentials for your Rediffmail account in the required fields. Fill in the IMAP Server and port No. details and Login.
2. Mark the radio button beside the Export Type and click on the Advance Settings options to apply filters.
3. Then, choose the naming pattern in the Naming Convention section to rename the files and set the dates in the Date Filter.
4. Pick out a destination path as per desire in the Change field and mark the Delete after Download button to backup Rediffmail inbox and free up space.
5. Then, click on the Start Backup button and the procedure will begin.
Once your data is exported, you can access it anytime on your local storage.
Now, moving on to the different features offered.
Various Functions of the Tool to Make the Process Easier
- Multiple File Formats: While creating a backup, the software offers different export types for the users to choose from. You can select PST, PDF, MSG, MBOX, EML, HTML, EMLX, TXT, etc. options to save the files.
- Date-Filter Option: The tool for Rediffmail backup allows you to export your data from a specific time period. You can apply this filter and set the dates in the given fields of “from” and “to” & the data will be downloaded from the chosen period only.
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy: This is a default feature that keeps the structure maintained when you backup Rediffmail inbox. It ensures that no changes are made to your folder structure or data and everything is kept the same.
- Delete After Download: If there is a need to remove the data from your mailbox to free up server space, you can use this feature. It will download the files you want & automatically remove them from the mailbox after export.
- Incremental Backup Feature: Whenever you need to use the software again in the future, you do not have to worry about duplicity. This feature exports only the new data received after the first backup to avoid any previous file being copied again.
- Split Outlook Data File: Upon choosing the PST option from the export type, you get to divide the large files into smaller sizes in MB or GB. This eliminates the risk of corruption due to large sizes.
Reasons to Backup Rediffmail Inbox Explained in the Given List
Rediffmail is a safe & secure messaging service, just a few circumstances or situations make it not so safe to keep all the messages in the mailbox.
- Messages saved on the cloud are not always safe.
- The threat of being hacked is always there.
- The account can get locked & you may not be able to retrieve it.
- Losing important messages accidentally is also one of the major risks.
- Virus or malware attacks can lead to corruption & inaccessibility of the data.
Q. Can I backup multiple Rediffmail mailboxes using the tool?
Yes, using the above-mentioned tool, you can backup multiple mailboxes in one go.
Q. The tool, is it free?
Yes, the tool comes with a free demo version as well as a paid version. Using the free version you can backup 100 messages at a time. However, if you have a bigger number then we recommend you opt for the paid/full version.
Q. Is it possible to backup the newly-arrived Rediffmail inbox messages?
Yes, with the incremental backup option, you can backup new inbox messages on your computer.
Q. Can I delete the downloaded messages from the server/inbox after taking the backup?
Yes, just select the Delete After Download option while taking the backup, and the tool will automatically delete the messages from the server.
Whenever there is a need to backup Rediffmail inbox, you will require a tool since there is no manual method for it available. With the help of the software explained here, it is quite easy to export the data within a little amount of time.
Also, the major reasons for creating a backup are explained here to help users clarify why there is a need if the data is already stored on the cloud.