How to Block All USB Ports in Windows 10? Explore Here
One of the best features that MS Windows provides is that the user has the freedom to block or unblock the USB ports. Sometimes, if your system has been used by multiple persons. All of them will insert their pen drives with infected files into your system which can inject viruses into the system. So, to eliminate that scenario the user must keep all their USB ports in disabled mode while sharing with others. However, in some rare cases, the USB ports don’t get disabled. Due to several reasons. So, in this blog, we are going to discuss the solution of How to block all USB ports in Windows 10. Here, we will explain some techniques to achieve the goal by blocking all the ports of the system.
User Query: My company has 6 computers that have Windows 10. We’re trying to enhance our security posture by blocking USB storage to prevent stolen data. Windows give the option to disable/enable manually but still, I am not able to block the USB ports. I need a working solution, if anyone can do it, then please do let me know.
Let’s see some of the methods that can help users to restrict the USB ports.
Error Free Method for How to Block all USB Ports in Windows 10
We have seen several user queries saying that they fail to disable the USB ports in Windows 10. Some of them even don’t know how to disable the USB ports. So, to disable all the ports, the users can the tool Lock USB Drive with Password. Also, they can enable it whenever they want by using the same password.
Below we have mentioned the steps to utilize this tool to disable USB ports in Windows 10. Be careful while performing this task.
- Download and install the tool for restricting the USB ports.
- Type the password and email ID. ( the Password and Email address will be used to disable/enable USB ports when an attempt will be made in future). Type the machine’s Username and its password.
- Now the tool will allow the user to block the USB ports by pressing the Block button.
- After that, type the password and press “Ok”.
After following the entire steps carefully the user will get to know how to block all USB ports in windows 10
Note – After blocking all the ports, the user will not be able to the wired keyboard or mouse. Because this tool does not provide the option to block selected USB ports.
We have also explained the two methods that users can use to disable USB ports in Windows 10. But sometimes it does not block the USB ports by using a manual method. Thus, we generally recommend users to use professional tools that restrict all the USB ports when needed.
Conventional Techniques to Disable USB Ports in Windows 10
There are two different ways through which users can block their systems’ USB ports.
1:Use Registry Editor to Disable USB Ports
- With the help of Registry Editor, users can easily block/Unblock the USB Ports.
- Go to the Start menu, and open the Run dialogue box or Press the “Window + R” key to launch the RUN window.
- Now to open Registry Editor Type “regedit.exe” and hit on the enter.
- After the Registry Editor window opens, go to the following location:
- Next, hit on the start button to open the “Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value” Window.
- Now, enter the ‘value data’ to ‘4’ and press OK. And then finally reboot the system to apply the changes.
2: Blocking USB Ports Using the Device Manager
- Another method to disable USB ports in Windows 10 is by using the Device Manager.
- Type Device Manager in the Search option. And press Device Manager to open Windows Device Manager. For a shortcut, press the “Windows + X” key, and press Device Manager to open it.
- Select the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, now the users will see various device options in it.
- Finally, to disable the USB ports, right-click on USB 3.0 (or any mentioned device on PC) and hit on disable the device.
Several users try different methods to block their USB ports for some reason. So, in this article, we have explained the reliable solution for how to block all USB ports in windows 10. Here we have mentioned two methods than can be used to restrict all the USB ports manually. Moreover, we have discussed a most efficient and quick solution to disable all USB ports using a few clicks.