How to Block USB Ports in Windows 11, 10? Get the Solution
“One of the best features that MS Windows provides is that the user has the freedom to disable or block USB ports in Windows 10, 8, 7 and 11. Sometimes, if your system has been used by multiple people, all of them will insert their pen drives with infected files into your system, which can inject viruses into the system. So, to eliminate that scenario, the user must keep all their USB ports in disabled mode while sharing with others.
However, in some rare cases, the USB ports don’t get disabled. Due to several reasons. So, in this blog, we are going to discuss the solution to how to block all USB ports in Windows 10. Here, we will explain some techniques to achieve the goal by disabling all the ports of the system.
My company has six computers that have Windows 10. We’re trying to enhance our security posture by blocking USB storage to prevent stolen data. Windows gives the option to disable or enable them manually, but I am still not able to block them. I need a working solution; if anyone can do it, then please let me know.
Steps to Disable or Block USB Ports in Windows 10, 11
1: Download and install the software.
2: Next, enter the email ID and password.
3: After that, enter the master password.
4 : Hit the Block Tab to disable USB port.
Why is it Necessary to Disable USB Ports?
- Protect Sensitive Information from Unauthorized Persons: Careless use of USB and other portable devices over the Internet can lead to data theft and malware. Organizations sometimes underestimate the threat posed by USB drives, as one USB device can bring down an entire network.
- Unauthentic Devices Damage Your Business: Unknown USB devices can crash your network. This is because your organization’s database contains sensitive information about your employees and other internal employees. To protect this sensitive data and information, organizations should ensure that these unauthorized USB drives are locked.
- Data Loss: The above problem can be solved by managing the business of USB devices. Organizations can protect their data by blocking these rogue devices. Enable or disable via USB.
You can use the best error-free software, like the best automatic solution, to enable or disable all USB ports or drives on your computer. Let’s see some of the methods that can help users restrict USB ports.
Manual Method to Disable USB Ports in Windows 10
There are two different ways through which users can block their systems’ USB ports.
1:Use Registry Editor to Block USB Ports
- With the help of the Registry Editor, users can easily block the USB ports.
- Go to the Start menu and open the Run dialogue box or press the “Window + R” key to launch the RUN window.
- To open the Registry Editor, type “regedit.exe” and hit enter.
- After the Registry Editor window opens, go to the following location: