How to Lock USB Drive with Password? Complete Guide
The end number of users found that a USB drive is much safer than cloud storage. Because cloud storage can be hacked but password-protected USB storage can’t. So, here in this blog, we will give a brief introduction to how to lock USB drive with a password.
Now, there are multiple solutions to lock your USB drive but here in this article, we will describe the best tried and tested approach by the experts. So, stay tuned till the end and read carefully.
Table of Content
Manual Way to Lock USB Drive with Password
We are going to discuss the manual way to protect a USB drive with the password we the help of the following steps mentioned below:
- First, open This PC in your system.
- Then, right-click on This PC and select the Manage option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you will find the interface in that click on the Device Manager.
- Now, in the end, you will find the Universal Serial Bus controllers option click on it.
- At last, do right-click on the USB of your choice and select the option Disable Device.
How to Lock Pen Drive with Password Using BitLocker
For those users who don’t know, BitLocker is a built-in encryption feature of Windows 11, and 10. Bitlocker is also available on older editions of Windows such as Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1, etc. Here are the steps for step working to use Bitlocker.
- Initially, insert a USB pen drive into your PC. Now right hit on the drive and choose turn on BitLocker.
- Now hit on use password to protect the drive. Now enter the password users want to set in both the password fields.
- Then, hit on next and print or save the key for future reference
- Finally, the encryption procedure will begin and your drive will be protected with the password that users have set.
Now, the manual way to lock USB drives with a password has a very big limitation that anyone can enable a device from your system because it is not password protected.
So now, to overcome this limitation you have to go with our best software explained below to lock the USB file password-protected.
Automated Approach to Lock USB Drive with Password
If you want the most reliable method to lock your USB password-protected then you have to go with Best USB Blocker Software. This software is tried and tested by technical experts also, this software has multiple advanced features mentioned below:
Advanced Features of This Software
- Able to recover the password using your email address.
- Can work with all types of Windows OS versions.
- Easily allows blocking USB ports with any type of user machine.
Working on the Tool to Lock USB Drives with a Password
Step 1. Download and run the tool on your system and register with a valid email account.
Step 2. Now, enter the Master Password and Confirm the Master Password.
Step 3. After that, hit the Block button to block the USB.
Step 4. To block the USB enter the Admin Password and Master Password.
In the above article, we have mentioned all the possible solutions to lock USB drives with a password. We have mentioned both manual and automated solutions to lock pen drives with passwords in Windows 11. The manual method has some limitations. So, we prefer you to go with an automated solution because this is safe and secure, and tested by many users.
Q1. How do I password-protect a USB drive without BitLocker?
Ans. By using professional software users can lock and unlock their USB drive without BitLocker. By using this software users can recover lost passwords with the help of email ID.
Q2. How Can I lock my USB drive in Windows 7?
Ans. In this post, we have explained manual and professional software users can use anyone according to their requirements and lock their USB drive in Windows 7 and all versions of Windows.