“Please help! Due to some office work, I urgently need a method that could help me to setup Exchange account on Mac Mail easily. For the same, I went through the manual configuration method and tried it. Unfortunately, it does not work for me and the workaround result in sync error. Now, I am in big trouble. I really want a relevant solution that can configure Office 365 email on Mac Mail without any error. If any of the technical people knows the correct instructions to configure Office 365 account on Mac Mail, then please let me know.”
Are you facing the similar problem that mentioned above while connecting Office 365 to Mac Mail? Are you looking for a right solution that can perform the task without any sync error? Then, Do not worry anymore! There are numbers of Mac users who are facing the synchronization error. Considering the users’ problem regarding the configuration of Exchange Online with Mac Mail client, we have come up with this article. In the following sections, we will provide a step-by-step manual guide to add Office 365 email account to Mac Mail with an ease.
Quick Tip: This article highly suggested Office 365 Mac Backup software for those users who just configure Office 365 email on Mac Mail for the sake of O365 backup on the local system. It is an automated tool that simply converts the mailbox data of Office 365 in Mac Mail supported file format (MBOX). Also, the software supported Mac OS X 10.18 or above versions.
There is the number of reasons that trigger the need to setup Exchange account on Mac Mail client. In the following sections, users will understand the steps of connecting O365 account in Mac Mail. By following the on-screen instructions, users will complete the configuration task without any error. So, let’s get started!
Note: These instructions are applicable for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or above versions.
1. To begin the process, open Apple Mail application from your Mac desktop
2. Navigate to Mail tab present at the top-left corner. After that, select Add Account… option from the Mail drop-down menu as shown in the screenshot
3. Next, under the Choose a mail account to add.. heading, you need to choose Exchange option. Then, click on Continue for further process
4. On the next Exchange page, you just need to mention the following details to configure the account
Name: As per choice, mention your name
Email Address: Type your Office 365 email ID
Password: Enter the correct password associated with your O365 account
Then, press the Continue button to proceed further
5. In case, if you will receive the below-mentioned error, then ignore it and click on Continue
6. In next following page, enter the description of account under the Description box and type ‘outlook.office365.com’ under the Server Address field. Then, click on Continue
7. Next, you can select the application that you would like to configure in Mac Mail. Once you choose the apps, click on Done.
8. Now, Apple Mail starts syncing with Office 365 account. Once the process gets finished, Exchange Online account will be displayed on the main interface of Mac Mail.
Important: Depending upon the mail size, Mac Mail takes some time in order to download the emails.
There are plenty of reasons due to which users need to configure Office 365 email on Mac Mail. But, due to sync error, they become failed to add the O365 profile. Therefore, in this write-up, we have provided a complete guide to setup Exchange account on Mac Mail. With the help of manual steps, users can easily add office 365 email account to mac mail without any sync error.