Convert Image to JP2 – What is JP2 & How to Change the Format?
Summary: Learn the easy steps to convert Image to JP2 and find out what benefits the method provides. There is also an explanation on what the JP2 format is and why it is used. Get all the necessary information about this format and how to convert it from this article.
Most of the users know that JP2 is an algorithm for image file compression. It makes use of the wavelet compression algorithm.
To supersede the JPEG standards, this format has been developed. The approach that the algorithm uses is the area of interest algorithm which makes it possible to keep the parts of image in different quality.
After exporting image to JP2 (jpeg2000) format, you can open it in the following applications:
- ACD Systems Canvas 15
- Adobe Photoshop
- ACD Systems ACDSee X7
- Safari in Apple
- Preview of Mac, and more
When people search for the methods to convert their files to this format, they find no methods but conversion tools available online.
These tools do not help you convert images in bulk and can be stuck after a few files. Do you want to waste time with such techniques?
So, keep up with the blog to learn about the most useful method.
What Do Experts Suggest to Convert Image to JP2?
If you want the expert’s choice, go for the Image Conversion Software which enables users to convert images in bulk.
The software has great features to help users export their files without any loss and according to their requirements.
Follow these steps:
1. Install the tool and run it. Choose the files you want to convert by clicking on the Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) options.
2. Select the location for the output files and save them at the desired destination by choosing the Change button.
3. Convert Image format to JP2 by selecting the format as JPEG2000(JP2) from the Export Formats list.
4. Mark the Resize Image feature to set the images Width & Height in the respective sections.
5. Press the Convert option to move further.
This is the expert’s choice and recommendation. Let’s see why experts prefer using this software.
Why Choose This Software Above Other Online Tools?
The software has the following benefits:
- The tool consists of various file formats which you can choose for conversion. These file formats include PNG, JPG, PDF, DOC, BMP, TIFF, TGA, HTML. WEBP, TXT, etc.
- Convert image to JP2 in bulk by adding multiple pictures or an entire folder. The options to Add File(s) or Add Folder(s) permit users to select as many files they want.
- There is no need to worry about the quality of the image being disrupted. This software has algorithms that keep the image quality maintained even after converting files in bulk.
- Moreover, you have the option to change the size of your images. You can apply the Resize Image feature and set the sizes for the Width & Height of the images.
- Before you convert image format to JP2, users can preview the files. Preview the images that you add one-by-one to make sure the right images are inserted.
- In case the wrong images are added, use the Remove or Remove All features to get rid of the files. This saves you time and you don’t end up converting the wrong files.
- If the images are correct and you want to rearrange the order, apply the Move Up or Move Down These will help you to move images up or down & set the right order.
Reasons Behind Converting Image to JP2(jpeg2000)
JP2 format is used because:
- It has the ability of displaying bilevel, palette color, gray-scale, and full color data in multiple color spaces.
- Imposes no limit on the private or special purpose info in metadata.
- The format can be evolved as per need for new features.
- Availability of compression schemes to choose from with the time-space tradeoffs provided to app developers.
- Can handle images larger than 64k x 64k pixels and the natural & computer generated images without tiling.
- It has a low bit-rate compression which is why users convert image to JP2. The bit-rate is below 0.25 bits per pixel to provide a high resolution gray-scale image.
- This file format is also beneficial for the production process of video broadcasts.
It’s A Wrap
Plenty of users have the need to convert the images present in their system to another file format. This generally depends upon the format they want to export to. Sometimes, people have certain needs which can only be fulfilled via conversion.
Thus, here we are with the explanation on how to convert image to JP2 format. The method explained here is a simple and quick way of learning the conversion method. The benefits of the software allow users a great experience at converting files in bulk.