How to Convert Multiple Outlook Messages to PDF Format?
Outlook is a proficient email application that is quite popular among users. Due to different reasons, one needs to convert multiple Outlook messages to PDF. Some of the possible reasons behind the conversion requirement are: need to create the backup of files in PDF format, printing emails to create a hard copy, sharing Outlook email messages with others, etc. Single message in Outlook is stored in MSG format. If someone wants to access multiple Outlook emails in PDF format, they need to convert MSG files in PDF format. This blog will let you know how to convert Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 messages and attachments to PDF.
A Brief Overview of MSG & PDF File Format
An MSG file is generally designed for MS Outlook to save the single email. It is a document file that can be encoded in binary. A user can manually create this file format by using the drag-and-drop method from Outlook. This can be done by simply selecting a single email message and drop it in any location of its choice. The major drawback of this file is, it can be opened by any user for modification by using the text editor or some other application. Basically, this file includes ASCII text, main message body, calendars, hyperlinks, attachments, and contacts.
A PDF file, which stands for Portable Document Format, is a document type file format. It can be opened and viewed on any platform. It is mandatory to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other PDF file reader to open the PDF file in the system. It provides security by means of the password which restricts unwanted access and usage of PDF content. It can be highly compressed without data loss using various compression algorithms.
Need to Convert Multiple Outlook Messages to PDF Format
There could be various situations faced by the users when they want to save multiple Outlook messages as PDF. Some of them are mentioned below:
- MSG file can easily be modified, hence it is not secure. By converting the format to PDF, users can ensure data security.
- By converting, a user can backup all the imported MSG file which can be used for future requirement
- Access multiple Outlook email messages on any system without Outlook installation.
Techniques to Save Outlook Messages as Adobe PDF in Batch
The approaches to convert multiple Outlook messages to PDF file are given below:
- Outlook Save As option
- Adobe’s Combine files
- Print Option
1. By Save As Option
- Open MS Outlook and select the emails which are to be converted
- Go to File menu and click on Save As option
- Save the file to your desired location in the .html format
- Now, navigate to the location and select the file
- Right-click on the .html file and choose Open with >> MS Word
- In MS Word, go to File>Save As option
- Select the .pdf file format to save the file
- To convert multiple Outlook messages to PDF using this process is a lengthy and tedious task
- Sometimes, only the email contents are converted and it is unable to convert attachments.
- This method might results in data loss also.
2. Using Adobe’s Combine files into PDF feature
- Launch Adobe Acrobat application.
- From the Select a Task section, choose Combine Files into PDF option.
- Now, open Outlook and drag multiple emails to be converted into the Combined Files window.
- Click Combine Files to start the conversion process.
- This will generate a single PDF file with all the messages and its attachments.
To implement this method to convert multiple Outlook messages to PDF, Adobe Acrobat has to be installed in the system which is a paid application.
3. By using Print Option
- Select the emails to be converted and hit Ctrl+P
- Now, a Print dialog box will appear and select Adobe PDF as a printer
- If the attachments are also required, go to Print Options and check Print attached files option
- Click Print to start the conversion process
A Professional Tool to Convert Multiple Outlook Messages to PDF
When users want to convert multiple or single messages from outlook to Adobe PDF, they can use the above manual approaches. But the processes are lengthy and could be unmanageable for non-technical users. Using a professional tool will enable the user to perform the file conversion. MSG to PDF Converter Tool is one such tool that allows users to convert multiple Outlook messages to PDF with attachments in Portrait & Landscape mode. In addition to that, this utility has no file size and number limitation users can easily save multiple Outlook messages as PDF without any data loss.
Every user wants their files to be portable and accessible on any computer. Hence, the need to convert multiple Outlook messages to PDF arises. The PDF file provides complete security to its content and users can open the file on any system. Though there are some manual methods available for conversion, they are not completely reliable. Hence, it is wise to go for the professional solution to save multiple outlook messages as PDF in an efficient manner.