Today, this article will discuss about how you can convert Outlook OLM to CSV. OLM file is the Mac Outlook database file storing emails, contacts, calendars etc.
But why is it that users want to convert these files to CSV?
There are a few reasons for that such as:
These are the major reasons why a user would look to convert their Mac Outlook Database file to CSV file format. Let’s take a look at these solutions.
There are 2 methods that you can use to import your files. These solutions are:
1. Manual Method
2. Professional Solution
The first method tell how you can convert OLM using the Import and Export Wizard in Outlook. It works pretty well but has some limitations integrated with it.
The second solution for that matter of fact, overcomes all the drawbacks of the manual procedure.
Find out how both the measures work in the coming segment.
Following steps are to perform the conversion process:
1. Firstly, export your OLM file to your Mac Outlook program via Import/Export menu.
2. Now, when the files are exported, click on the Import/Export option again.
3. From there, choose the Export to a file option.
4. Choose CSV as the export type and hit Next.
5. Select the location where you want to save the resultant files at.
6. Click on the Finish button once everything is done.
You have your OLM files saved to your computer as CSV. Now, about the limitations:
If you want to export OLM Contacts, you can go further with this solution. If not, you can use the up-coming solution which will neither waste time, nor give you any troubles while performing the task.
If you don’t want to fall into a situation where you have to wait for hours to get your files converted and that too, only contacts, then you should go for this method.
This solution is the Mac OLM to CSV Converter which has the ability to save all the data in CSV file format quickly.
You can save your OLM files in Outlook 2011, 2016, and 2019 and in bulk using the Add Folder option.
The tool allows the users to save their files along with their associated attachments. Also, a Date-Range Filter is offered by the application that helps in migrating required OLM files from specific time-duration.
Important Note: If you want to save your OLM files from Outlook in your Windows OS platform, you can use this third-party utility for Windows.
Let’s check out how this tool works.
Follow these steps to perform the conversion process:
1. Install the tool and launch it. Click on the Add File(s) option, click on the Open button after choosing the file then hit Next.
2. Choose the Export Selected Folder(s) option and the scanning process will begin.
3. After that, select the export type as CSV and mark the Maintain Folder Hierarchy checkbox.
4. Press the Change button to select a destination location for the converted file as you desire.
5. Complete the process by hitting Export.
You can also choose the Add Folder(s) option if you want to migrate the data in bulk. If you want to export all the folders containing OLM files, you can do so by choosing the Export All Folders option.
The Maintain Folder Hierarchy option will keep the folder structure same and the data will stay intact.
You can convert OLM to CSV to be able to use the CSV file on any email service and make it easy to understand and read the file. As CSV stores data in plain text, any user can read it.
Now, if you want you can perform the conversion using the manual method if you only have to import your contacts.
But in case of converting files other than contacts, you can use the software as mentioned above. It will eliminate any trouble that you might have to face in the manual method and make it easy for you.
Also, it is compatible with all the latest version of Mac OS X which is Mac OS X Catalina 10.15 and below versions.