Convert Outlook OLM to CSV – Find Well Explained Procedures
Today, this article will discuss how you can convert Outlook OLM to CSV. OLM file is the Mac Outlook database file storing emails, contacts, calendars, etc.
But why is it that users want to convert these files to CSV?
There are a few reasons for that such as:
- CSV file can be opened in many spreadsheet programs.
- The data is stored in tabular form as plain text which is easy for every user to read.
- Users convert OLM to CSV also because it is compatible with many webmail clients.
- Any amount of contacts can be stored in a CSV file format.
- Contacts that your store in CSV can be imported to different email services such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Gmail, etc.
These are the major reasons why a user would look to convert their Mac Outlook Database file to CSV file format. Let’s take a look at these solutions.
What Measures to Take to Convert Outlook OLM to CSV?
There are 2 methods that you can use to import your files. These solutions are:
1. Manual Method
2. Professional Solution
The first method tells how you can convert OLM using the Import and Export Wizard in Outlook. It works pretty well but has some limitations integrated with it.
The second solution for that matter of fact overcomes all the drawbacks of the manual procedure.
Find out how both the measures work in the coming segment.
Learn How to Convert OLM to CSV Manually
The following steps are to perform the conversion process:
1. Firstly, export your OLM file to your Mac Outlook program via Import/Export menu.
2. Now, when the files are exported, click on the Import/Export option again.
3. From there, choose the Export to a file option.
4. Choose CSV as the export type and hit Next.
5. Select the location where you want to save the resultant files at.
6. Click on the Finish button once everything is done.
You have your OLM files saved to your computer as CSV. Now, about the limitations:
- The main drawback if you manually convert Outlook OLM to CSV is that it only imports the OLM Contacts and not the other data from OLM file format.
- This method takes a lot of time and becomes a lengthy process.
- If you want to use this procedure, you need to have Outlook installed in your system.
If you want to export OLM Contacts, you can go further with this solution. If not, you can use the upcoming solution which will neither waste time nor give you any troubles while performing the task.
Professional Method to Convert OLM to CSV
If you don’t want to fall into a situation where you have to wait for hours to get your files converted and that too, only contacts, then you should go for this method.
This solution is the Mac OLM Converter which has the ability to save all the data in CSV file format quickly.
You can save your OLM files in Outlook 2011, 2016, and 2019 and in bulk using the Add Folder option.
The tool allows the users to save their files along with their associated attachments. Also, a Date-Range Filter is offered by the application that helps in migrating required OLM files from specific time-duration.
Important Note: If you want to save your OLM files from Outlook in your Windows OS platform, you can use this third-party utility for Windows.
Let’s check out how this tool works.
How to Convert Outlook OLM to CSV Using the Wizard?
Follow these steps to perform the conversion process:
1. Install the tool and launch it. Click on the Add File(s) option, click on the Open button after choosing the file then hit Next.
2. Choose the Export Selected Folder(s) option and the scanning process will begin.
3. After that, select the export type as CSV and mark the Maintain Folder Hierarchy checkbox.
4. Press the Change button to select a destination location for the converted file as you desire.
5. Complete the process by hitting Export.
You can also choose the Add Folder(s) option if you want to migrate the data in bulk. If you want to export all the folders containing OLM files, you can do so by choosing the Export All Folders option.
The Maintain Folder Hierarchy option will keep the folder structure same and the data will stay intact.
I have been looking for the best OLM file to CSV converter and tried this software on my machine. And surprisingly, it worked amazingly well and successfully exported my OLM files without any data loss. The most amazing feature is that the software is available for both Windows as well as Mac machine.
Choosing this software to convert OLM to CSV format on Mac OS is one of my best decisions. This utility has a simple and user-friendly interface and makes things so easy. Additionally, there are many other export options as well other than CSV that make it the best deal for users.
Choosing the best solution to migrate your crucial data into some other file format is the biggest challenge. And I choose PCVITA over other solutions to export OLM files into CSV format. These guys are the best because I faced one small issue during conversion and their support staff helped me resolving it in no time.
You can convert OLM to CSV to be able to use the CSV file on any email service and make it easy to understand and read the file. As CSV stores data in plain text, any user can read it.
Now, if you want you can perform the conversion using the manual method if you only have to import your contacts.
But in case of converting files other than contacts, you can use the software as mentioned above. It will eliminate any trouble that you might have to face in the manual method and make it easy for you.
Also, it is compatible with all the latest versions of Mac OS X which is Mac OS X Catalina 10.15 and below versions.