How to Work cPanel Emails Migration?
Transferring data from one server to another is technically called migration. However, migration can be a tough and difficult task, especially cPanel email migration if you don’t know the right approach. So, to help the cPanel users perform the migration smoothly, we came forth with this write-up explaining various methods.
Brief Introduction to cPanel:
cPanel is a web hosting control panel software that enables administration through a standard web browser. It simplifies the website and server management. The graphical interface and automation tools simplify the process of hosting and help users with business communication. Further, it allows to access cPanel webmail using the POP3/IMAP protocol.
However, when migrating accounts between servers, transferring cPanel email accounts is quite different. And, sometimes users take cPanel email backup to avoid technical gaps may cause due to speed, low stability, and lack of flexibility.
If you are sure that you can do it yourself then you can try the manual approach. But, there is a high chance of data loss involved. Anyway, let’s have a look at the native method.
cPanel Email Migration- Transfer Emails Manually
If you want to access email from cPanel, it gives you three webmail services: Roundcube, Horde, and SquirrelMail.
To export emails from cPanel via Roundcube, first, the user has to download all the emails one by one in EML format. Then, they will need an email client that supports the cPanel email migration EML format. And Roundcube also has a limit to downloading one email at a time.
If you are exporting email through the Horde cPanel webmail service, then you will receive all emails in MBOX format. The same problem, to view the MBOX file you need to download a client that supports MBOX format. It would be great if you had an MBOX-supported email client on your PC, otherwise, you need to install it.
Downloaded emails are typically in the Maildir file format. To migrate the Maildir cPanel email to another, you need to download the application to view the email.
Drawback of Using a Manual Method
As you can see that if you do cPanel email migration manually, then in the end you are going to need a specific email client that supports the specific file format. And, from the above it’s clear that there is no direct migration process. Also, It is a very time-consuming process.
Besides, while performing the migration manually, you need to do all the migration steps carefully. Else, one wrong move will lose your data.
So the best option is to use the best migration utility which can do this task directly. Refer to the next section to know about the best utility.
Execute cPanel Email Migration Directly
Many Mac users are concerned about their data migration and cannot find a solution that meets their requirements. But we are here to help the cPanel Mac users. So, if you are a Mac user then you can use the Mac IMAP Migrator Tool to perform the migration instantly. Because this tool is designed especially for Mac users.
The tool has many advanced features and capabilities, like migrating your complete data from cPanel to another IMAP server in bulk.
Benefits of Professional Solution
- This tool gives you the option to migrate selective or unlimited emails from cPanel. All the data will appear on the software screen; choose according.
- The IMAP Migrator tool can migrate your data from cPanel to a variety of Webmail email clients such as Gmail, Yahoo, HotMail, AOL, Outlook, and iCloud.
- It is also created with high technology that preserves all your data at the destination in same order.
Working Steps of cPanel Email Migration Tool
- The first screen you see after downloading the software will show you the prerequisites.
- If your IMAP host domain name is not listed then choose the “Other” option and enter account credentials and hit the validate button.
- Similary, while performing cPanel email migration, if you don’t see the Host name for the destination then choose Others. After that, provide account credentials >> validate.
- Click on the Advanced Settings option and apply filters accordingly.
- Lastly, hit the start migration button to begin cPanel email migration.
In this article, we explained the best cPanel email migration tool to migrate your emails instantly. You may try to migrate emails from cPanel manually, but it creates a specific file format, and you need a specific email client to read that. But with this tool, you don’t have to install any extra application. Cause the software automatically migrate your email data from source to destination with precision.