How to Take cPanel Email Backup? Step by Step Guide
Significance of Email Domain & cPanel Email Backup: As we all know, an email address serves as the central pillar of any organization(whether it is a business or a firm) for sharing crucial information. In addition to this, to provide a sense of security & credibility to the business, it’s necessary to have an email domain that matches your business or organization rather than an extension such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com.
The most trustworthy mode of communication for doing business-related operations is to use an email account that is associated with a professional domain name. And, cPanel provides the same. However, cPanel data including emails need to be kept safe from catastrophic failures, accidental data loss, etc by taking regular backups. Given the importance of taking backup, the majority of people are looking for solutions to download cPanel emails.
Hence, we’ve come up with this write-up that explains both manual and professional solutions for taking email backups. Let’s get started with the discussion.
How to Take Backup cPanel Emails Manually?
Important Note: Follow all the manual steps carefully. Otherwise you could lose your complete data.
In this paragraph, we will show you 2 manual methods for saving cPanel emails. Both methods are given below with complete details.
Method 1: Backup All Emails in cPanel using File Manager
- Open a cPanel account on your system.
- Now hit the “Files” tab and then the “File Manager” option.
- After that, all the folders and subfolders will appear, and then look for the “Mail” folder from the list so that you can take the cPanel email backup.
- Next, click right on the “Mail” folder and choose the “Compress” option. You can compress the data in these file types: .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2.
- Don’t change the name of the file and then select the “Compress File” option.
Now from the hosting server, right-click on the compressed file and choose the download button. And, after following the steps successfully, an offline copy of your cPanel email will be saved on the machine.
Method 2: Take cPanel Email Backup using Export Option
Users can take backup cPanel emails by using the export feature in standard MBOX format. they can open this exported file with free and open-source email services like Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
- Go and log into your cPanel account.
- Now choose the “Email Accounts” option from the email tab.
- After that, choose the required email account and hit the “Check Email” option to take the cPanel email backup.
- Now hit the “Horde” icon and choose the “Open” button for reading emails.
- And then, click right on the required mailbox and select the “Export” button.
- Lastly, hit the “OK” button to take the cPanel email backup successfully.
Now you will get all the mailbox data in MBOX format at your local machine.
These methods are simple, but you have to follow all the steps carefully because one wrong step could lead to losing your data. Also, if saved your data in MBOX format, then you must download the MBOX-supported email client on your system to view MBOX File.
However, what if you want to download cPanel emails into other formats? Don’t worry, you can use our superior tool like MBOX converter to convert exported MBOX files into different formats, like PST, PDF, EML, MSG, etc.
Best and Superior Solution to Take cPanel Email Backup
Oftentimes many macOS users can’t find the right solution to take cPanel email backup properly. If you too are one of them, then don’t worry, we will show you one of the best and most direct solutions to download all emails from IMAP server (cPanel) safely and directly by using the Mac IMAP Backup tool.
This solution is specially created for mac users, and the tool has many advanced and sophisticated features and capabilities users can save complete data from cPanel to any file format in bulk. Some of the amazing and remarkable features are mentioned in the coming section in detail. But, first, let’s get familiar with the software steps for downloading cPanel emails.
Working Steps to Take Full Backup cPanel including Emails
- Download the software by clicking on the download button, then run it on your computer to take the cPanel email backup.
- Now enter the login details of the cPanel account using the credentials.
- After that, you will get all the files and folders of the account on the tools panel.
- And then, choose the export type from the list like we are selecting “PDF” format.
- Next, hit on the “advance settings” icon to apply a filter to export specific data via the date range.
- Lastly, browse the saving location where you want to save the data and hit the “start backup” icon to take the cPanel email backup.
Why Prefer Professional Solutions over then Manual Methods?
- The tool is created with highly advanced algorithms, that allow users to log into the server directly using credentials.
- Users can take a backup of unlimited and selected emails from cPanel. All the files and folders will appear on the screen, so users can select data.
- The software provides multiple saving format options including EML, PDF, PST, MBOX, HTML, TXT, EMLX, MSG, etc, so users can save the data in any format.
- Provide advanced settings options to take cPanel email backup via date, to, from, subject, etc as per their choice.
- Also, users can delete their all emails from cPanel after the backup is completed by enabling the “Delete After Download” button.
- All the users can save the data at their required locations using this solution.
Time to Say Goodbye
Here we explained complete methods to take cPanel email backup on your system using a manual and professional solution. Manual methods are straightforward and saved in a particular format. But if you want to save the full backup in multiple file formats like PDF, PST, EML, etc. Then you should take the help of a third-party tool. that we mentioned above, go and download the software for free.