How to Take cPanel Email Backup? Step by Step Guide
Significance of Email Domain & cPanel Email Backup: As we all know, an email address serves as the central pillar of any organization (whether it is a business or a firm) for sharing crucial information.
In addition to this, to provide a sense of security & credibility to the business, it’s necessary to have an email domain that matches your business or organization rather than an extension such as @gmail.com or @yahoo.com.
The most trustworthy mode of communication for doing business-related operations is to use an email account that is associated with a professional domain name. And, cPanel provides the same.
However, cPanel data including emails need to be kept safe from catastrophic failures, accidental data loss, etc by taking regular backups. Given the importance of taking backup, the majority of people are looking for solutions to download cPanel emails.
Hence, we’ve come up with this write-up that explains both manual and professional solutions for taking email backups. Let’s get started with the discussion.
Backup Emails from cPanel Instantly
- Launch professional software on your PC.
- Enter cPanel account details and log in.
- Choose the desired file format for backup.
- Select the destination path where you want to save the emails.
- Finally, hit start to backup cPanel emails.
Important Note: To follow the above-mentioned steps, you need to download PCVITA IMAP Backup Tool. By this, you can easily backup all emails with attachments from the cPanel. For a detailed understanding of the tool, go straight to Method 3.
“Hello there, I have been searching for an answer to the question of how to take full cPanel backup on my Mac device. But, didn’t find a relevant one that I can implement directly without any confusion. I would appreciate it If anyone could suggest a reliable cPanel backup solution.”
“Hi, I am a Mac user and looking for a solution to take cPanel email backup with all the attachments. I find that there are limited solutions available on the internet. That’s why I visited the forum site in the hope of getting a foolproof solution. Anyone could please suggest a solution? Thanks!”
Method 1: Backup All Emails in cPanel using File Manager
- Open a cPanel account on your system.
- Now hit the “Files” tab and then the “File Manager” option.
- After that, all the folders and subfolders will appear, and then look for the “Mail” folder from the list so that you can take the cPanel email backup.
- Next, click right on the “Mail” folder and choose the “Compress” option. You can compress the data in these file types: .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2.
- Don’t change the name of the file and then select the “Compress File” option.
Now from the hosting server, right-click on the compressed file and choose the download button. And, after following the steps successfully, an offline copy of your cPanel email will be saved on the machine.
Method 2: Use the Export Option for Backup Email cPanel
Users can take backup cPanel emails by using the export feature in standard MBOX format. they can open this exported file with free and open-source email services like Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.
- Go and log into your cPanel account.
- Now choose the “Email Accounts” option from the email tab.
- After that, choose the required email account and hit the “Check Email” option to take the cPanel email backup.
- Now hit the “Horde” icon and choose the “Open” button for reading emails.
- And then, click right on the required mailbox and select the “Export” button.
- Lastly, hit the “OK” button.
Now you will get all the mailbox data in MBOX format at your local machine.
These cPanel email backup methods are simple, but you have to follow all the steps carefully because one wrong step could lead to losing your data. Also, if your data is in MBOX format, then you must download the MBOX-supported email client on your system to view MBOX File.
However, what if you want to download cPanel emails into other formats? Don’t worry, you can use our superior tool like MBOX converter to convert exported MBOX files into different formats, like PST, PDF, EML, MSG, etc.
Method 3: The Best and Superior Solution for cPanel Email Backup
Oftentimes many macOS users can’t find the right solution to take cPanel email backup properly. If you too are one of them, then don’t worry, we will show you one of the best and most direct solutions to download all emails from IMAP server (cPanel) safely and directly by using the Mac IMAP backup software.
This solution is specially created for Mac users, and the tool has many advanced and sophisticated features and capabilities users can save complete data from cPanel to any file format in bulk. Some of the amazing and remarkable features are mentioned in the coming section in detail. But, first, let’s get familiar with the software steps for downloading cPanel emails.
Working Steps to Take Full Backup cPanel including Emails
- Download the software by clicking on the download button, then run it on your computer to take the cPanel email backup.
- Now enter the login details of the cPanel account using the credentials.
- After that, you will get all the files and folders of the account on the tools panel.
- Then, choose the export type from the list like we are selecting “PDF” format.
- Next, hit on the “advance settings” icon to apply a filter to export specific data via the date range.
- Lastly, browse the saving location where you want to save the data and hit the “start backup” icon to take the cPanel email backup.
Why Prefer Professional Solutions over Manual Methods?
- The tool is created with highly advanced algorithms, that allow users to log into the server directly using credentials.
- Users can take a backup of unlimited and selected emails from cPanel. All the files and folders will appear on the screen, so users can select data.
- The software provides multiple saving format options including EML, PDF, PST, MBOX, HTML, TXT, EMLX, MSG, etc, so users can save the data in any format.
- Provide advanced settings options to take cPanel email backup via date, to, from, subject, etc as per their choice.
- Also, users can delete their all emails from cPanel after the backup is completed by enabling the “Delete After Download” button.
- All the users can save the data at their required locations using this solution.
Here we explained complete methods to take cPanel email backup on your system using a manual and professional solution. Manual methods are straightforward and saved in a particular format. But if you want to save the full backup in multiple file formats like PDF, PST, EML, etc. Then you should take the help of a third-party tool. that we mentioned above, go and download the software for free.
Q- Is it possible backup specific email folders from cPanel?
Yes, with the above-mentioned software, you can select the folders in your inbox for backup.
Q- How often should I take cPanel email backup?
Experts recommend to take backup on a regular basis. However, to be on the safer side and protect your cPanel emails from unexpected security threats, it’s advisable to take backup daily.
Q- Will my email hierarchy be maintained after the cPanel backup?
Yes. When you use the backup tool, you don’t have to worry about the folder structure as it automatically maintains the same.